Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2010 15" Macbook Pro framerate Rate Topic: -----

2.66 Ghz Core i7 Nvidia 330M

#1 User is offline   voidref Icon

• Account: voidref

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:03 AM

In the spirit of the 2010 13" MBP post I figured a quick fps spot might be useful for people considering buying the new model and wondering what kind of frames they'd be looking at.

I got the high rez model (def worth the extra), so I am running at 1680 x 1050.

With the settings at normal, textures uncompressed (compression makes the textures kinda ugly), doing a time deme thusly:

/timedemo 1
/demo tutorial

It reports ~450 FPS.

This is fantastic. It's about twice the speed of the ATI 2600 in my iMac.

I just got the machine today, so I haven't tried a lot of playing, but on Seattle TDM with about 6 people on Terrorisim 6 it never went below the 125 FPS that I could tell.

I'm going to have to get an adapter to hook it up to a 1920 x 1200 monitor. I'll report back on that later.

I tried at HIGH texture quality, and the framerate in the timedemo went down to about 420 (heh), and when texture compression was used it went up to about 460.

I haven't tested with enabling SMP, but the game doesn't generally go any faster in the timedemo with that.

#2 User is offline   Taenon Icon

• Account: taenon

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

As the author of the 13" MBP post I did the

/timedemo 1
/demo tutorial

test and got ~270 fps. I'll update my post. Obviously a bit higher than I was getting in game. Do you think that is the result of more people (=more polygons), network lag etc?
Any other UCSD Grad students? PM me!

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

No, it's most probably that when you play the game actually, you don't just put the engine to replay a sequence of data on the gameplay 'engine' and 3d renderer [demo playing], you also have to delegate CPU time to networking, input 'engine', and most probably several gameplay related calculations client side that are ignored demo playing.

That assumes CPU is [most probably] the bottleneck, which is usual in this engine when the CPU and GPU are modern with the GPU not on very high settings such as antialiasing.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 22 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942