Urban Terror Forums: Are you kidding me? (Passport registration) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Are you kidding me? (Passport registration)

#1 User is offline   oksrsly Icon

• Account: oksrsly

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

We have technical issue with hotmail, we can't accept "*@hotmail.com". You must use another email address, or try these email providers: Gmail

Your Passport ID "*" must only use numbers and letters.

Your password "" may only contain letters and numbers.

Are you fkn kidding me?

#2 User is offline   oksrsly Icon

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:30 PM

Your comment isn't really more valuable than you think mine is.
Why aren't the easiest functions implied? I am not really raging of the E-Mail thing, just somewhat raging about the Passport ID thing but I am truly upset about the password thing. Come on, passwords just containing of numbers and letters are to crack easily.

#3 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

I fail to see what exactly is confusing him. Don't use Hotmail, and don't use special signs like understroke, plus, minus etc. in either your ID or your password.
And even if someone "cracks" your password don't you think administrators have access to server logs and records, and that they can retrieve your old account. Though i can't imagine why would someone hack an account for a game that is free to play.
What's with paranoia lately, people panic over nothing. Oh and lay off on WoW.

#4 User is offline   oksrsly Icon

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

View PostRav3n, on 28 April 2010 - 09:17 PM, said:

I fail to see what exactly is confusing him. Don't use Hotmail, and don't use special signs like understroke, plus, minus etc. in either your ID or your password.
And even if someone "cracks" your password don't you think administrators have access to server logs and records, and that they can retrieve your old account. Though i can't imagine why would someone hack an account for a game that is free to play.
What's with paranoia lately, people panic over nothing. Oh and lay off on WoW.

And I fail to see what exactly is the problem with just programming the software that way that at least understroke and minus are available. It's not that hard. With the ID it's just the thing that I would like to keep my nickname which includes a minus. But I am really serious about the password thing because in my opinion this is serious business to deal with. I don't want anyone to crack my password here in ten minutes (a realistic time if the password includes only letters and numbers), there are enough programs out there you don't even to have understand that will do all the hard work for you. And I am talking here not only for me, a lot of people would just stay with their normal password which would lead to massive butthurtfaggotry caused by "hacked" E-Mail accounts. By the way, I ain't playing World of Warcraft.

#5 User is offline   A10 Icon

• Account: a10

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

This is a free game. Your account doesn't have credit card numbers or top secret documents.

No one is going to waste their time trying to brute force your password.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ElCol Icon

• Account: elcol

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:02 AM

like anyone wants to hack your account anyway

#7 User is offline   Genesis Icon

• Account: genesis
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:28 AM

I do, so I can send friend requests to all the users from your account.
17:32 slackin • i fire blanks

View PostBladeKiller, on 05 December 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

There is no funstuff in HD.

#8 User is offline   satiable Icon

• Account: satiable

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:14 AM

In before thread lock applied.

#9 User is offline   BasementCat Icon

• Account: basementcat

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:32 PM

inb4 pointing out previous failed inb4. :)

Anyways, I'm with OP on the password issue. There's absolutely no good reason (programmatically) to not allow special chars in passwords. Stripping everything but alphanumeric characters is just a lazy way of avoiding SQL injections, but that can be done just as easily with addslashes() and stripslashes() or even better, use PEAR's SQL abstractions (e.g. MDB2) and use quote().

Gaining access to an account is a gateway to spamming the forums, which in turn gives the moderators/admins more work on their hands and less time to deal with actually useful stuff like developing the website and the game. (No, cleaning up spam is NOT useful, it's just a necessity.)

#10 User is offline   Ateamrocks Icon

• Account: ateamrocks

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:25 AM

Simple reason now that I think about it,

Passport INTEGRATION. Q3 does not do well with external characters, so if there trying to allow passport login through UrT, then external characters cannot be allowed.

B1

This post has been edited by Ateamrocks: 24 May 2010 - 02:27 AM

B1naryTh1ef
:3

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942