• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Process for Joining Clans/Groups

Suggestions and Discussion

#1 User is offline   Piano Man Icon

• Account: pianoman
  • Main tag: -LG-

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:07 AM

So, one big (okay, maybe not-so-big) flaw I see is with the joining of groups—specifically clans. Since clan is my focus, I'll use clan in my suggestions. Sorry if that inconveniences anyone.

In my sleep deprived state, there seem to be two ways to go about it. Scratch that, three.

1) Keep the current.

2) Have users request to join the clan—in the form of a big, obvious button, then a pop up asking if the user is certain they wish to send a request to join the clan. The clan owner/head admin(s) in the clan would then have to approve that user, or deny the user—also by the way of large buttons. In either event, a private message/notification email is sent to the applying user on their status.

3) Have users able to join a clan, and have a notification sent to the owner/head admins, who could then set member status as one out of the current choices. The owner/head admin would also be able to remove the user from the clan, and bar that user from adding themselves again

4) Have joining the clan be invite-only. The owner and head admins would be able to invite users to be part, sending a notification through private message or email to the user with big buttons "Accept" or "Decline."

5) A combination of 2) and 4). Users request to join the clan, or are invited by the owner/head admins. Again, utilize big buttons. Notifications sent out to owner/head admins when a user requests joining, and notification sent out to the user as well as the owner/head admins. Users will be able to manually remove themselves from the clan, also by way of big button; owners/head admins would be able to give a user the boot in the same fashion. Notifications sent to the owner/head admins when someone leaves, as well as when someone gets removed by the owner head admin.

Huh. Note to self: 3 ≠ 5.

If anyone else has suggestions, post them in a concise format, and I'll add them to the list, with credit given to the poster.
“And they'll say, ‘Man, what are you doing here?’”

#2 User is offline   Piano Man Icon

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:12 AM

Okay. Discussion time.

1) Please no. Let's work on getting rid of this.

2) This could work. I think this would be the second-best option out of the five posted currently.

3) Okay... what was I thinking? This one could end disastrously. Course, it could also work rather handily. The problem I see with this method is someone joining that isn't in the clan and being removed, then joining, and falling into that cycle.

4) Third-best option. Severely limits the groups. Which could actually be for the best.

5) The best option, IMO. This gives both the user and the owner/head admins control, though ultimately power resides with the owner/head admin. The notifications should be a must-have, as they would alert the owner/head admin to applications and changes.

Maybe it would also be an option to add "Pending" to the "Approve/Accept" and "Deny/Decline" options.
....Then again, maybe not.

That's my two bits.

-PM

#3 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:02 AM

Most people won't want to be spammed by randoms that want to join their clans.
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#4 User is offline   Spooky Icon

• Account: spooky

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

Number 5.

One of our Clan Mates, Divinity, already came across this issue when Cloud9 kept putting them in their clan using his registered passport name. They apparently have a divinity too and it caused some headaches since our Divinity had no power to remove himself from their group.

As for being spammed by invites, I don't see that being a huge problem.
To eliminate that, maybe the clan person sending out the invite can only do "x" number a day to keep people from abusing it and/or anyone caught doing so gets their passport revoked.
Spooky.
Because she can.
eVolution Gaming Clan

#5 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:46 PM

maybe they could have open recruitment and closed clans to allow people to apply to join clans. each application would have to have a text box to allow a message to be sent with the request.

the admin has to say in what section they would allow someone to apply into, while the user has a say if they want to join or stay. both have to agree to be put on the sytem, if there is no correlation, then it doesnt happen.

in the rare occassion of a merger, there has to be a process for that too... right?

what about keeping a history of what clans/groups a person has been in, even after they have left? hmm...

anyway, just thinking aloud as usual.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:30 AM

Spooky, #4 would involve your Divinity having to accept an invite into the clan though. lol
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#7 User is offline   Piano Man Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:19 AM

Number 5 would also have that option as well as for it being able to be user-application OR owner/head admins' invite. Which would cover the most bases, IMO.

#8 User is offline   Piano Man Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:21 AM

@Yas In my proposals, I wrote under the (probably wrong) assumption that the clan groups are for the clan members, and not applying for acceptance into a clan. Leave that for the personal clan websites, if they have one.

#9 User is offline   Spooky Icon

• Account: spooky

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

View Postsorryrun, on 19 May 2010 - 12:30 AM, said:

Spooky, #4 would involve your Divinity having to accept an invite into the clan though. lol

or reject it if its the wrong one?

lol?
Spooky.
Because she can.
eVolution Gaming Clan

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942