Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

server test! Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_ryan[sg]

Posted 19 September 2004 - 10:22 AM

hello! i recently set up an urban terror server on a spare machine (amd k6-2 300mhz) and plugged 'er in to my 24-port switch. all is well on the connection front with some friends so if some of you would like, drop down your console and try `connect slipgate.org' for me ;)

tell me lag issues and whatnot, so far my friends and i haven't had a problem. thanks! BTW it should be registering with the master server so either:

1. the latency to most people sucks
2. its not registering
3. nobody plays urban terror anymore :(

- ryan

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 19 September 2004 - 12:11 PM

http://master.urbant...?section=admins

#3 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 19 September 2004 - 05:38 PM

If your server is "goomba.lan urbanterror TDM", I've got a few tips for you. First, you're not running PB, nor is the server marked as pure. This will let anyone cheat to their wicked heart's content. I'd suggest turning both on. Second, your firewall is incorrectly configured. You need to forward port 27960 from the internet to port 27960 of your server, protocol UDP. Other than that, looks good.

#4 Guest_ryan[sg]

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:36 AM

just wanted to say that the problem is solved (thanks trolan and illogical!).

for reference, the nat setup was giving out random port addresses when the master queried it i guess, and i needed a static-port directive in my pf.conf (openbsd). things working fine now, and i enabled pure and punkbuster! time to play!

- ryan

#5 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:57 AM

Glad to have been of help. For those who don't know, for all Urban Terror master server related issues (master.urbanterror.net), check out #UrbanDevelopers on ETG.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942