Urban Terror Forums: Need help getting Urban Terror running... - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Need help getting Urban Terror running... Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Slowintrepid

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:43 PM

Ok so after alot of searching (google and this forum) I am still slightly confused on exactly what I need to do to get this running.

(and yes I've read the manual but I need certain spefics)

anyways so here are my questions.....

1. what verison of quake 3 arena do I need to be running, (and how do I find out what version I have lol)

2. where can I download an update for quake on os x (I checked id's site and didn't find anything)

3. the most recent version of urban terror is 3.2???? correct.

I'm sure these questions have been answered before and I sound like a noob but I wasn't able to find anything in particular.

thanks in advance.

SIntrepid

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 20 September 2004 - 08:55 PM

Ok so after alot of searching (google and this forum) I am still slightly confused on exactly what I need to do to get this running.

(and yes I've read the manual but I need certain spefics)

good, youre the first one with a problem to do that

anyways so here are my questions.....

and as you already tried finding answers on your own, i will gladly answer your questions

1. what verison of quake 3 arena do I need to be running, (and how do I find out what version I have lol)

you need point release 1.32. you can check the version you got by running q3 from the command line and watching the output. probably you can check via the q3 console too, but i dont know about that.

2. where can I download an update for quake on os x (I checked id's site and didn't find anything)

get the point release 1.32 for mac from ids site. install. add the pak1-7 from your q3 cd.
http://ftp.games.sky...ke3-132.pkg.sit

3. the most recent version of urban terror is 3.2???? correct.

ftp://ftp.snt.utwent...rror37_full.zip

I'm sure these questions have been answered before and I sound like a noob but I wasn't able to find anything in particular.

everyone starts as a noob and yes, they were answered before.

thanks in advance.

SIntrepid

np

Hobbes

#3 User is offline   HornetOSX (old) Icon

• LocationDenver CO Home of the Av's

Posted 20 September 2004 - 11:52 PM

accutally you only need pak0.pk3 from the quake3 cd .

but all the other answers are correct :o)

I STILL need to write a damn install guide.. one of these days ........

#4 Guest_Slowintrepid

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:04 AM

ok so I'm sooo close, so quake is all set, but urban terror is where I'm having the problem.

basically I downloaded and unziped a folder called urbanterror37_full which I then dragged to my quake 3 folder.

then I opened quake, clicked on mods and I saw urbanterror beta 3.7 clicked on it and clicked load mod, so then it goes back to my desktop then reloads quake (like normal) but when the program opens up I'm back in quake mode not urban terror

any ideas???/

#5 Guest_Da3dalus

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:44 AM

basically I downloaded and unziped a folder called urbanterror37_full which I then dragged to my quake 3 folder.
The folder should be named q3ut3

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   HornetOSX (old) Icon

• LocationDenver CO Home of the Av's

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:52 AM

yup that'll fix the issue....... everyone is way helpful round here today :o)

Gotta love the macheads ... always helpful !

#7 Guest_Slowintrepid

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:31 AM

ok soooooooooo I'm almost there, I open quake and lod the mod, and that works fine, but now I don't see any servers.......

yes I'm connected,
yes I'm in internet mode local
yes I hit get new list.

so anyidea????

#8 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:47 AM

Try an external serverbrowser.... The ingame browser is known to not work :P

#9 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:30 AM

yup that'll fix the issue....... everyone is way helpful round here today :o)

Gotta love the macheads ... always helpful !

Actually Hornet, da3dalus is as far away from a machead anyone could be. He just want to pick some cheap points on me so he can play more wars! :mrgreen:

Aarsb..ukule...woe me... wtf... woekele isn't a macer afaik, but he sure as hell is a helpful dude with a sense of helping new fellas out. Kewl, this community isn't as far down the drain as I feared. :D

About serverbrowser, I dunno how far OnlyMortal is used nowadays, but it sure worked when I used me mac for gaming. I bet Hornet the Hubby knows better. :)

#10 Guest_Slowintrepid

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:51 AM

ok so it seems like everytime I solve a problem, a new one arises,

so heres the deal. I'm able to get see servers and connect, but it tries to autodownload the map, and it says the server has that feature disabled I must download it from the web.(every map)

so I get that and it makes sense, but where do I download the default maps that everyone plays all the time????

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942