• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   xtasy Icon

• Account: xtasy

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:58 AM

So I'm now dowloading Urban Terror and can anyone tell me what to expect from this game? Is it any good or just as bad as Nexon's CA? (which I quit because they scamed me).

#2 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:00 AM

You can expect lots of jumping rabbits and large boxes that eject coins when you hit them with your mallet

#3 User is offline   xtasy Icon

• Account: xtasy

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:02 AM

Well I don't understand the coins bit, but thanks for answering.

#4 User is offline   woody Icon

• Account: woody

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

As SubJunk said...you should expect a lot of jumping players.
Jumping is like bunny hopping in counter strike,but here you do it much faster,on longer distances.
Also,you should look out for grabbing edges.If you combine jumping with ledge grabbing,you can get in some places that you thought you couldnt get to.

Except that,its all the same as the rest of the fps's.

#5 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:29 AM

View Postwoody, on 07 August 2010 - 09:03 AM, said:

Except that,its all the same as the rest of the fps's.

Except you can power-slide around corners, wall-jump off objects, kick your opponents in-da-nuts, slide your enemy in the face and deagle their head off...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:37 AM

ssht, he doesn't know of those yet.

#7 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

Oh boys...

Try to avoid few things: negev heavy machine gun (spam), sr8, spas 12, hk nade launcher, reloading too often, g36c (underpowered), psg1, beretta, silencer, nades, tag googles.

You need more skill for many of those.

I suggest you start with: lr300 or m4 with laser sight, kevlar and kevlar helmet, use deagle (desert eagle) and mp5k.

Get better and as soon as you can start practicing trick jumping.

Dont suggest anything before you have played atleast month :laugh:

Tips: try power slide because its easy. Sprint+jump and before you hit ground press crouch

G36c is a joke if you are good with it you are better with other assault rifle. It haves low damage, low recoil, high spread, low firerate, ridiculously unhelpfull scope.

Ump45 has low spread, normal damage (or high?) and low firerate, low recoil which makes it great all time weapon and spam firemode is good for longer range.

Crouching wont make you more accurate but it reduces spread. Crouching is not wise usualy.

Strafe jump (as quaker says)/circle jump (as urtie says) is faster way to move. This is fatal skill that you have to learn.

At america you have shitloads of hackers and at europe i havent saw any. Stick in centrain pubs where you dont see any.

Dont acuse everyone of hacking because there is people who are ALOT better than you. You need few years experience to match with them.

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#8 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

View Postthewonderboy, on 07 August 2010 - 11:46 AM, said:

Try to avoid few things: negev heavy machine gun (spam), sr8, spas 12, hk nade launcher, reloading too often, g36c (underpowered), psg1, beretta, silencer, nades, tag googles.

It depends on what game someone is coming from, or games they had experiences with. Trying out all weapons gives you a better feel to the game overall.

G36c is a joke if you are good with it you are better with other assault rifle. It haves low damage, low recoil, high spread, low firerate, ridiculously unhelpfull scope.

How is it a joke? It gets the job done. Period. And this unhelpful scope you're talking about has helped me in countless matches to make a difference (that, with using certain tactics and strategy) to deal out precise placed shots to kill or damages the opponents, making them easy to finish off for my teammates.

Ump45 has low spread, normal damage (or high?) and low firerate, low recoil which makes it great all time weapon and spam firemode is good for longer range.

You dismissed the G36 as a joke, just to turn around and recommend the UMP? Now that's a joke.

Crouching wont make you more accurate but it reduces spread. Crouching is not wise usualy.

Making yourself a smaller target to your opponent (mid/long range) is not a wise idea....right. Don't ever let anyone make you the tactician.

Strafe jump (as quaker says)/circle jump (as urtie says) is faster way to move. This is fatal skill that you have to learn.

Strafe jumping doesn't work in UrT as it does in Quake. In fact, it doesn't work at all in UrT, you're better off not doing it as you'll be slower. Circle jumping is enough.
And with fatal, don't you mean mandatory?

At america you have shitloads of hackers and at europe i havent saw any. Stick in centrain pubs where you dont see any.

Another great joke! :dry:

Dont acuse everyone of hacking because there is people who are ALOT better than you. You need few years experience to match with them.

Not necessary. Someone with skills and FPS experiences, especially Quake games, can probably pick up UrT pretty easily. At least everyone i knew that i introduced into this game, that had Q3 like games experiences, were able to pick up this game pretty quick.

I know of plenty of players that only played a few months and already had people accusing them of cheating (on pubs, doh).

PS = I'm not trying to burn you here, just correcting. If was trying to burn you you'll notice a camp fire and people dancing around you :tongue:

This post has been edited by Nexu: 07 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

#9 User is offline   Green Viking Icon

• Account: greenviking

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

this is much more fun then CA. everything is so fast in this game. you should earn to sircle jump as soon as possible :P

#10 User is offline   JAK Icon

• Account: jak

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:28 PM

Oh boys...

I suggest you start with: lr300 or m4 with laser sight, kevlar and kevlar helmet, use deagle (desert eagle) and mp5k.

Get better and as soon as you can start practicing trick jumping.

Dont suggest anything before you have played atleast month :laugh:

Tips: try power slide because its easy. Sprint+jump and before you hit ground press crouch

Alright take most of the stuff this guy said and do the opposite.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942