Urban Terror Forums: Mouse on Linux hitting "invisible border" in windowed mode - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mouse on Linux hitting "invisible border" in windowed mode Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:46 AM

Just got a new computer at work (i7 w/ 4 GB RAM, yikes!). It has CentOS 5.3 on it. Got everything set up just fine, NVIDIA drivers etc. Now besides doing work, I also like to have a UrT running occasionally in the background as some of you may already know. :-) I like to spec for cheaters when I have a moment.

So, running UrT in fullscreen mode is no problem. However, when I have it configured for windowed mode, and I enter the game, I can only move the mouse left and right a certain distance before my player stops rotating. It's like the mouse pointer is hitting the edge of my desktop and not letting the player rotate further, really strange (although I can't see the pointer on the desktop, of course). I have never seen this problem before.

The mouse is a very standard Microsoft scroll wheel mouse (pretty generic). I started a brand new q3config.cfg, it's not my old one (however the old one also had the same problem on the new computer).

Any ideas?

This post has been edited by Rambetter: 26 June 2010 - 01:50 AM

#2 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:43 PM

OK, when I compile ioUrT (from Dec 2007) with SDL turned off, I no longer get this problem. Still don't know why using SDL would cause this.

#3 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

I figured out a temporary solution to this problem. When I get this problem, I bring down the console and click on another window on my Desktop. Then I click on the UrT window again, and the problem is gone. This works until I either minimize my UrT window or move it. Still really annoying.

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

all window managers?

--

sounds like something bound to xorg settings/version or window manager. ('cause of the 'fixes if i fiddle with windows')

--

then again SDL may not be the best piece of software on the planet indeed.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 29 June 2010 - 06:58 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942