• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[suggestion] Killfeed Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   rotterdam Icon

• Account: rotterdam
  • Main tag: ]Vz[

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

As I am too lazy to search if someone previously suggested this, Im starting my own.
I always seem somewhat annoyed by urt's killfeed. Right now there are three options,
you can either:

-turn it off
-turn it on w/o damage = You were hit in the kevlar by [clantag]Name2
[clantag]Name1 managed to catch the shiny bullet of [clantag]Name2's remington Sr8. NEEP NEEP!
-turn it on with damage = You were hit in the kevlar by [clantag]Name2 for 100%
[clantag]Name1 managed to catch the shiny bullet of [clantag]Name2's remington Sr8. NEEP NEEP!

The text "managed to catch the shiny bullet NEEPNEEP" is somewhat funny, but can be very spammy filling up the killfeed with +2 lines (depends on lenght of players names). The option we're kinda lacking now is a simple:

-You were hit in the kevlar by [clantag]Name2 for 100%
[clantag]Name2 killed [clantag]Name1

and maybe then there should be an option which would include weapon information like this:

[clantag]Name2 killed [clantag]Name1 with his/her Remington Sr8

I have to deal with this problem every clanwar I play. Especially in for example a camping position I find myself concentrating on the killfeed alot to find out who kills who and if I should jump in. I'm not sure how many,but I know you can add more lines in the killfeed but I dont want my screen to fill up with text if I play a match.

Besides, for movies I want to keep the fillfeed in, I dont see the point of not showing who you kill if you want to show off your skills (In my opinion ofcourse). But I also hate to leave the killfeed in if your kill doesn't fit in cause someone else got killed right afterwards.

I think the funny text should really stay in the game, I had fun finding out what possibilities were out there, but I think it should be made as an option. This game is just really lacking a more simple way of showing who kills who with what weapon.

This post has been edited by rotterdam: 26 June 2010 - 09:42 PM

#2 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:50 AM

View Postrotterdam, on 26 June 2010 - 09:40 PM, said:

As I am too lazy to search if someone previously suggested this, Im starting my own.
I always seem somewhat annoyed by urt's killfeed. Right now there are three options,
you can either:

-turn it off
-turn it on w/o damage = You were hit in the kevlar by [clantag]Name2
-turn it on with damage = You were hit in the kevlar by [clantag]Name2 for 100%

The text "managed to catch the shiny bullet NEEPNEEP" is somewhat funny, but can be very spammy filling up the killfeed with +2 lines (depends on lenght of players names). The option we're kinda lacking now is a simple:

[clantag]Name2 killed [clantag]Name1

and maybe then there should be an option which would include weapon information like this:

[clantag]Name2 killed [clantag]Name1 with his/her Remington Sr8

I have to deal with this problem every clanwar I play. Especially in for example a camping position I find myself concentrating on the killfeed alot to find out who kills who and if I should jump in. I'm not sure how many,but I know you can add more lines in the killfeed but I dont want my screen to fill up with text if I play a match.

Besides, for movies I want to keep the fillfeed in, I dont see the point of not showing who you kill if you want to show off your skills (In my opinion ofcourse). But I also hate to leave the killfeed in if your kill doesn't fit in cause someone else got killed right afterwards.

I think the funny text should really stay in the game, I had fun finding out what possibilities were out there, but I think it should be made as an option. This game is just really lacking a more simple way of showing who kills who with what weapon.

I dont see problem implenting this :P but let me modify it something like this

(red)Player1 lr300 (blue)player2

Takes less space

Also quake live used this and it was first killer and weapon >icon< on the midle and last died player but i think its not possible on urban terror.

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#3 User is offline   Avocadoo Icon

• Account: avocadoo

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:49 AM

It's a good idea. Many players suggested this idea lot of times.
F1

#4 User is offline   ado Icon

• Account: ado

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

F1

#5 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:42 PM

the color tags ^1 get counted in this messages and forcing line breaks this should get fixed in the code since this ^1 characters are not visible to players.

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   I -Q- I Icon

• Account: iqi

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

View Postrotterdam, on 26 June 2010 - 09:40 PM, said:

I think the funny text should really stay in the game

you got my F1 :cool:
best things in life are free ;)

#7 User is offline   noyou Icon

• Account: noyou

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:24 AM

What is the command for this? I have messed with it before, but, I forgot the command >:o

#8 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:48 AM

If you want to be 'pro logistical' go

-> LR300 Kevlar Vest 44%
-> LR300 Right Leg 17%
<- SR8 Left Hand 50% <Name>

But dev team are gonna hate it for being too 'hard numbers' and no love.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 29 June 2010 - 02:55 AM

#9 User is offline   I -Q- I Icon

• Account: iqi

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:09 AM

View Postmitsubishi, on 29 June 2010 - 02:48 AM, said:

But dev team are gonna hate it for being too 'hard numbers' and no love.

<3 @ 100% :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by I -Q- I: 29 June 2010 - 10:09 AM

best things in life are free ;)

#10 User is offline   Fl00d Icon

• Account: fl00d
  • Main tag: |gV|

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

Pure 'n simple:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fl00d: 01 July 2010 - 09:28 PM

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942