• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_kingbump Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   morfeas Icon

• Account: morfeas

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

clipping the outside of the map is what i thought at first too but i started to like it when people starting falling (myself included)
the whole "if i get a little more to the right i might be able to snipe him " and then i find myself falling - i don't know if it was on purpose but i would prefer a custom falling sound (and more depth to actually fall for some time) more than the player clip.

#12 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

View Postmorfeas, on 01 July 2010 - 12:56 PM, said:

clipping the outside of the map is what i thought at first too but i started to like it when people starting falling (myself included)
the whole "if i get a little more to the right i might be able to snipe him " and then i find myself falling - i don't know if it was on purpose but i would prefer a custom falling sound (and more depth to actually fall for some time) more than the player clip.

If he put the entire map on a mountain top... made it rock instead of grass... and had a huge cliffside dropping off the edge with a fall sound like on Metropolis... then yeah... I can see that being hilarious.
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#13 User is offline   morfeas Icon

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

i don't know what is the fall sound on metropolis, i was thinking something like ramelle's fall from the tower.

grass is nice, mountains have it too - rock would make the map lose it's funny feel.
the cliffside though is not a bad idea at all :D

#14 User is offline   Fl00d Icon

• Account: fl00d
  • Main tag: |gV|

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:39 PM

The map is sexy and nice, but please tell me, how do you add those black stripes at the edges of textures/walls :D

#15 User is offline   pss9 Icon

• Account: pss9

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:31 PM

Well, I made the map to try diferent things so I didn't put effort on "finishing correctly".
About the cliff/clip: I didn't want to make more brushes so I made a cliff :P

View PostFl00d, on 01 July 2010 - 04:39 PM, said:

The map is sexy and nice, but please tell me, how do you add those black stripes at the edges of textures/walls :D

Open the .map in radiant ;)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:56 AM

View Postmorfeas, on 01 July 2010 - 01:33 PM, said:

i don't know what is the fall sound on metropolis, i was thinking something like ramelle's fall from the tower.

"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#17 User is offline   ado Icon

• Account: ado

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:42 AM

Sorry for the nooby question, but how would I go about hosting a server by myself and playing it? It's not the process of actually doing that that's confusing me, it's that I can't find this map in the list. I chose every gametype and looked for "kingbump." I used linux, so I put it in the ~/.q3a/q3ut4/ directory, where all the other .pk3s are located. Am I doing something wrong?

#18 User is offline   morfeas Icon

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

View Postado, on 02 July 2010 - 07:42 AM, said:

Sorry for the nooby question, but how would I go about hosting a server by myself and playing it? It's not the process of actually doing that that's confusing me, it's that I can't find this map in the list. I chose every gametype and looked for "kingbump." I used linux, so I put it in the ~/.q3a/q3ut4/ directory, where all the other .pk3s are located. Am I doing something wrong?

you can always change to the map with /callvote map ut4_kingbump but i'm pretty sure that it appears on my list (so it's definitely not os-related, i'm on lucid. i'm also pretty sure that it has the arena file that makes it appear there) (if you want to test it just my yourself, /map <name> is ok)

This post has been edited by morfeas: 02 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

#19 User is offline   ado Icon

• Account: ado

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

View Postmorfeas, on 02 July 2010 - 03:52 PM, said:

you can always change to the map with /callvote map ut4_kingbump but i'm pretty sure that it appears on my list (so it's definitely not os-related, i'm on lucid. i'm also pretty sure that it has the arena file that makes it appear there) (if you want to test it just my yourself, /map <name> is ok)

Ah, thanks, the /map ut4_kingbump command worked. I'm also on 10.04, but 64bit (if that matters). The map loaded up just fine when I did the command, but still am unable to find it in the list. That's fine with me though, I'm not planning on hosting any games.

As far as the map goes: I love the textures. However, I agree that there should be something along the perimeter of the map blocking the character from falling. I also agree with the water suggestions, a simple blue color with squiggly lines would be perfectly fine, imo. Also, you can't really tell that the hills are hills until you get to the top of them, and notice you're higher. Maybe shading in some way to show elevation would be good. All in all, I really like this; haven't ever seen it before, even though I've read that there are already maps like this. Good job! :laugh:

#20 User is offline   pss9 Icon

• Account: pss9

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

Oh, I'm late.
I also can't find some maps in the list (I have a lot). Maybe there is a limit. But with /callvote works.
Thanks for the feedback.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942