#11 User is offline   Kesha Icon

• Account: kesha

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

(name) was kicked due to complete noob.

#12 User is offline   I -Q- I Icon

• Account: iqi

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

View PostNexu, on 28 July 2010 - 07:05 PM, said:

For UrT to be successful, you need more than just getting new players: you need to keep them.

:blink:

cmon .. its a free game > free will .. no? :rolleyes:

keep positive and do as much as you can to termitate cheating forever .. all users can contribute and then just relax and enjoy, hf is what I see as UrT philosophy .. I think that strategy "keep them" is not very good imho, well its not my game - I'm just user and just saying my thoughs so .. don't shot :biggrin:

sorry for lil OT :sleep:
best things in life are free ;)

#13 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

I think you misunderstood me IQI :mellow: "keeping them" as in: they don't quit playing this game after just playing for 2 weeks and got bored and pissed about the game and about other players behavior in general.

And "keeping them" from my POV is not entirely the task of the developers. It is also up to the community's to do so as well. Friendly and helpful folks, well administrated servers, (fair) competitive scene, all sort of things that keep people that has downloaded and installed this game an incentive to continue to spend part of their spare time with playing this game and keeping this scene alive.
Without that, the developers (FrozenSand) will not have as much incentive to continue develop and improve this game. After all, there is little incentive to continue to develop on a game that has only a few players left.

And for every player that keep playing this game, they will eventually bring in one or more new players to this game.

This post has been edited by Nexu: 31 July 2010 - 11:01 PM

#14 User is offline   Bodhisattva Icon

• Account: bodhisattva

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

Dunno if you are still looking but you can come talk to me.

Anyway, BOTB is back up and getting popular again.

Posted Image

As for those who don't like kicking NOOBs, I assure you the skill filter is pretty sensitive. Players who are kicked are directed towards a similarly configed server that does not kick. Furthermore, the situations from which they are getting kicked are when they are massively outclassed by the competition. If anything, I'm saving them from frustration and providing a place where the Pros can call home (they deserve at least one server) where they aren't having hacks called against them constantly.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942