• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Random Rotation Rate Topic: -----

Maps and Gametypes

#1 User is offline   fanboi Icon

• Account: fanboi

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hi there,

I'm trying to accomplish a rotation, where maps and gametypes vary in a randomized way.

Randomizing the mapcycle is rather easy. I stumbled upon this page, while I was brainstorming, how I can do that. Well, the map rotation script, as shown on that page, gave me just enough to start creating my own script.

Randomizing gametypes rotation turns out to be more complex. I'm not quite sure yet, how I could do that :O
And that's why I decided to post a suggestion/wish here.
As for now, you can define the gametype in the config (set g_gametype "" // 1-8 or each gametype), on-the-fly via rcon command or voting, iirc.

So, I'd wish for a section in the "server.cfg", where you can set following vars:

//Random map and gametype rotation
enabled="1" //0 = don't randomize anything, 1 = randomize map/gametype
mappool="ut4_abbey,ut4_thingley,ut4_tunis,ut4_toxic,ut4_elgin,ut4_austria,ut4_mandolin"
gametypes="0,3,6,7" //0=FreeForAll, 3=TeamDeathMatch, 4=Team Survivor, 5=Follow the Leader, 6=Capture and Hold, 7=Capture The Flag, 8=Bombmode
not_last_maps="5"
not_last_gts="2"

The mappool-var could be exchanged for the already existing "mapcycle.txt", I guess.

Anyways, is this suggestion useful/nonsense/awesome/complete dipshit?

If anyone has already accomplished a random gametype rotation, I would appreciate for telling me your way of solving this =)

greetz,
Fanboi

(PS: I'm not quite sure, if I post in the right category, since it is for me more a suggestion than a "problem". Please correct me, if I'm wrong.)

#2 User is offline   fanboi Icon

• Account: fanboi

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:27 AM

*push* :O

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942