Urban Terror Forums: Problems with urbanterror on ubuntu 10.04 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Problems with urbanterror on ubuntu 10.04 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   joober Icon

• Account: joober

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:27 PM

i downloaded and extracted the urbanterror file from here and when i run iourbanterror.exe i get this error:

Archive:  /home/joel/UrbanTerror/ioUrbanTerror.exe
[/home/joel/UrbanTerror/ioUrbanTerror.exe]
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
zipinfo:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/joel/UrbanTerror/ioUrbanTerror.exe or
          /home/joel/UrbanTerror/ioUrbanTerror.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/joel/UrbanTerror/ioUrbanTerror.exe.ZIP, period.

Im also new to ubuntu so idk what the problem is. and am i supposed to extract it to a certain place?

#2 User is offline   ODDity Icon

• Account: oddity

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

Why are you trying to run the windows .exe on ubuntu?

download ".zip file for Mac & Linux" from http://www.urbanterr...docs/texts/110/

#3 User is offline   joober Icon

• Account: joober

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:45 PM

.... i did then i extracted it... then in the urbanterror folder i ran iourbanterror. its not the windows one lol.

#4 User is offline   ODDity Icon

• Account: oddity

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

No you didn't.

Archive: /home/joel/UrbanTerror/ioUrbanTerror.exe

you need to run ioUrbanTerror.i386 or similar depending on whether you are on 32 or 64 bit

This post has been edited by ODDity: 21 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

#5 User is offline   Taenon Icon

• Account: taenon

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:48 AM

So yeah, you need to make sure you're executing the correct file, but even then I haven't had success with the stock executables and 10.04. Download the optimized binary:

http://forums.urbant...of-ioq3-engine/

and use that instead. You may have to make sure the file is set as executable (in the properties, get there from the contextual menu). Put the optimized binary in the urbanterror directory and double click it. If nothing happens navigate there from the command line and execute it from there.

Anything ending in .exe will have to be done through Wine, if that is even possible. ODDity was correct in pointing out that the linux executables end in the colloquial register width denominator (i386 or x86_64).
Any other UCSD Grad students? PM me!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ado Icon

• Account: ado

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:47 AM

Yeah, you're using the wrong file. Go to System > Administration > Synaptic. In the search, enter "Urban Terror," and install the file (check the box and hit 'Apply'). If you don't see the file there, let me know, you just need to add some repos.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942