• This topic is locked

Screen britghtness Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   iamleebob Icon

• Account: iamleebob
  • Main tag: -LG-

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

Here is the issue:
Running Ubuntu 10.04.
Can not get the screen to brighten up in the game. It is dark. I am running @ 1280 x 1024 @ 75 hz and I have tried every possible configuration to get the screen to get brighter in game. My monitor is currently pegged as bright as it is going to get.
I am running an Intel Pentium D 64 Bit dual processor with onboard video to run the game. When I try this game on the windows side, no issues, and I am able to change the screen resolution in game.
Any thoughts?

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

/r_gamma

#3 User is offline   iamleebob Icon

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:45 PM

View Postmitsubishi, on 03 August 2010 - 07:40 PM, said:

/r_gamma

When I did that, it told me that my gamma was 2.9176 and the default was 1. I tried /r_gamma 1 and applied the settings and there was no change. I tried to scroll bar that changes the brightness under system and there was no change. What am I missing? I feel like this is an easy fix, and I am being stupid.

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:50 PM

see if /r_ignorehwgamma 1 does anything.
but revert it back if it does nothing (it may produce the problem on systems that didn't have it)

#5 User is offline   Iddqd Icon

• Account: iddqd

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:09 AM

newer ati drivers seem to ignore the in-game gamma value (or is it just me?), so if your video card is ati and you are using the official fglrx driver you can change the gamma with the "fglrx_xgamma" command or from the ati control center.
note that this will affect everything, not just the game, but you can use that command in a script or something.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   lightseeker Icon

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

Do u have compiz on?

if so plz try to turn it off.

#7 User is offline   iamleebob Icon

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:51 PM

View Postlightseeker, on 04 August 2010 - 10:37 PM, said:

Do u have compiz on?

if so plz try to turn it off.

I disengaged any visual effects. After I updated some drivers, I ran into a new problem where it wouldn't load at all. So I threw in a different video card and when I did lspci in terminal, the official name it shoots me is "nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX 440] (rev a3)" It was a card that I have had for a couple years and has worked in the past. I am trying to find the driver correct to run the game. Now, it is not a brightness issue...it is a simple gameplay issue.
Thanks

#8 User is offline   iamleebob Icon

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:26 PM

View Postiamleebob, on 04 August 2010 - 10:51 PM, said:

I disengaged any visual effects. After I updated some drivers, I ran into a new problem where it wouldn't load at all. So I threw in a different video card and when I did lspci in terminal, the official name it shoots me is "nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX 440] (rev a3)" It was a card that I have had for a couple years and has worked in the past. I am trying to find the driver correct to run the game. Now, it is not a brightness issue...it is a simple gameplay issue.
Thanks

Ok...update.
With the NVIDIA card, it runs the game, however the FPS is garbage. After I switch back to the old onboard card, there is no display. Why do I think that I screwed the pooch on this one? While in the game, I was still unable to change the brightness.

#9 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:21 AM

I guess /r_ignorehwgamma did nothing.

#10 User is offline   iamleebob Icon

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:59 AM

View Postmitsubishi, on 05 August 2010 - 03:21 AM, said:

I guess /r_ignorehwgamma did nothing.

correct.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942