Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Suggestion] Third party map pack Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Glennz Icon

• Account: glennz

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

Hello,

recently I had an idea about a ¨map pack¨ for UrT.
This map pack would contain 10 or 20 of the best and most popular 3rd party maps in one package.
Maybe the map pack would have something like a very simple installer which extracts all the maps in your UrT folder.

This idea could be great for people with a really bad internet connection, who just want to play one match of UrT and not get delayed by the map downloading.
They would only need to download and install the 3rd party map pack after installing the game.

Thoughts?

#2 User is offline   woody Icon

• Account: woody

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

So,the map pack youre talking about should be downloaded with game client ?
If so,i think its impractical,because the player could download just the map that he needs.

Instead of waiting to download a huge pack of maps,wich could have 50-100 mb...he can download directly the map,wich has less size than the whole pack.

#3 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

View Postwoody, on 15 August 2010 - 08:48 PM, said:

So,the map pack youre talking about should be downloaded with game client ?
If so,i think its impractical,because the player could download just the map that he needs.

Instead of waiting to download a huge pack of maps,wich could have 50-100 mb...he can download directly the map,wich has less size than the whole pack.

Oh woody no :laugh:
He meant that downloading pack of maps for people that dont like downloading all custom maps from servers and people who play just few matches in the offical maps. Downloading mappack from internet site.

Not a big deal. I think excat minium network for online gameplay is 2mb (and i have ping about 70 max in europe) with 2mb lane you can download 2 mb map in about 15 sec so it wont take much.

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#4 User is offline   danlizardx Icon

• Account: danlizardx

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:59 PM

I think this is a Great Idea and about the 50 or 100MB size - If you can play the game online then you can download 50 to 100 MB files easily.

#5 User is offline   PureFilth Icon

• Account: purefilth
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:34 PM

Pretty much pointless, if you play those maps (let alone all of them) chances are you play regular servers and will have the maps you need anyway.

View PostGlennz, on 15 August 2010 - 06:50 PM, said:

This idea could be great for people with a really bad internet connection, who just want to play one match of UrT and not get delayed by the map downloading.
They would only need to download and install the 3rd party map pack after installing the game.

That makes no sense, how would people save time from downloading a few MB map by downloading a 100mb map pack full of maps they probably wont ever play or need cause they have them already? I don't think you really thought this through.

I wouldn't ask FS to do this either, they have better things to be doing.
How about you organize a "Community map pack" in another thread and get some suggestions until you can fill up the space/number of maps you wish for it.
It's not hard to make a self extracting .exe and throw together a .zip file for the linux/mac users.

Edit: Spelling

This post has been edited by PureFilth: 31 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942