• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New sniper rifle on the workbench Rate Topic: ****- 6 Votes

#251 User is offline   warlordian Icon

• Account: warlordian

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:59 AM

that replacement for the knife is bad *** im always jumping from rooftops and knifing ppl
that knife would make it sooooo much better!

#253 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:13 AM

Zumg @__@ like lr300 and m4....

Well i think i still keep saying fr-f1 is a sr8 just to tease people :rolleyes:

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#254 User is offline   I -Q- I Icon

• Account: iqi

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

:wacko: now I'm lost .. I go play the game :tongue:
best things in life are free ;)

#255 User is offline   Sh0tgun Icon

• Account: sh0tgun

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

I don't think you should replace the SR8, but I do think it needs to be remodeled. I think that the urban terror staff should try any work on making the guns and skins a little bit more customizable. I guess I am going to sound like a Call of duty fan, but I think you should be able to put camo, or designs on your gun/person making it more personal to you (the player). I don't know if you guys have thought about something like that already, just haven't be able to do it. But I would love to see Urban Terror have something like that.
We're all a little in love with death

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#256 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

View PostSh0tgun, on 14 October 2010 - 11:08 AM, said:

I don't think you should replace the SR8, but I do think it needs to be remodeled

Its not going to be replaced. Read few comments backwards. Also other thing... You should already know the anwser

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#257 User is offline   intuition Icon

• Account: intuition

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

View PostH0i, on 17 August 2010 - 02:12 PM, said:

The engine has gone a few generations ahead, so the art will too. This F1 replacement is only a change to how it looks. The specs like damage, reload time, clip size and all that will be the same. We are not going to change the specs.

Most serious players aren't going to care a whole lot about a new weapon model so long as the changes are purely cosmetic. I see some people are saying "Don't take away my SR8" (myself included), but if damage, reload time, clip reload time, etc all remain identical what difference does it make what it looks like? Hell, if the SR8 was shaped like a giant turd I'd still use it.

I'm not sure why this discussion has reached page 26 when back on page three H0i said the song remains the same, it just has a new title.

This post has been edited by intuition: 14 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

#258 User is offline   Qant Icon

• Account: qant

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:17 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 02 September 2010 - 05:35 PM, said:

Good question and the simple answer is yes that was more or less how the F1 was selected, sort of.

The long answer though involves a game of connect the dots and to start off the choice of the word “replacement” was probably not the best word to use as the intention was to remove it from the current load out, rebuild and give it a new paint job, and once done add it back to the line up as an option to the FR-F1.

This is based on more than a few reasons but from a player stand point if we look at the current load out situation everything the game needs is already there and there is no current need to add new weapons with different specifications.

What there is though is a desire on the part of the players to have added weapons based on their design that they like that does not necessarily require a change in specifications based on looks. To accomplish the need to maintain both the balance of the current load out as well as to accommodate the desire to included new designs based on suggestions made by the players the only thing that makes any sense is to add weapons based on class or type rather than a need to define a practical specification to each individual weapon.

The SR8 was selected as the first weapon to have a companion weapon based on the simplicity of it’s specification as a one-shot-one-kill sniper rifle with out the need to have to defend it’s inclusion based on the ideal real world use.

This has proven to be the case as most of the comments made have been on the looks of the weapon with little or no comments made based on the fact both the SR8 and the FR-F1 share the same identical specifications or even noticed that both use the same animations.

What has been proven that was once theory, a guess, is the idea that two different weapons could be accepted as one class offering a choice based on looks alone.

The choice of the FR-F1 was mine in that it was a design based on the classical and somewhat dated look as well as a polar opposite of what some would consider a modern day weapon yet still falls with in the overall look and feel of the game. Finding a weapon that would fit this need was as simple as Googling “sniper rifle” to shop for a design that would fit the necessary technical requirement based on what would fit best with the assets on hand that would not require reinventing of the wheel. For example a sniper rifle whose contact points matched the SR8 that would require little or no adjustments.

Another consideration is the desire to add weapons based on nation of origin that can be represented in the game for no other reason then pride. I’m sure the French would at least love the idea of playing with a weapon that has history behind it over a weapon that was not even put into production yet do not have to make a decision of choice based on the specification differences.

Once again I apologize for the word use “replacement” and the confusion that can be caused by the word use but the goal in this case is to simply begin the work necessary to have a system where weapons can be add where the solution to the problem of someone who does not like the design is to not use it.

Including the design you presented as an example…

Besides we wanted to give Smachine something to do. ;)

So do I have this right:
[The new sniper rifle on the workbench] is based on more than a few reasons based on their design based on looks based on suggestions based on class or type based on simplicity based on the ideal real world use based on the fact they share identical specifications based on the looks alone that base on the classical and somewhat dated look based on what would fit best based on nation of origin based on the differences in specification?

Is that a good thing then?

#260 User is offline   Qant Icon

• Account: qant

Posted 23 October 2010 - 02:32 AM

What a relief :)

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942