Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mouse escapes window Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   timelord Icon

• Account: timelord

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:46 AM

Hello:

I love this game, except for one technical issue. On occasion (it seems to be random), the mouse will break free from the game. What I mean is, the mouse suddenly no longer controls the movement of the character. As soon as I move it far enough, the cursor appears on the desktop behind the window, and my character won't move until I move the mouse back over the window. It's really annoying, and I know there's something stupid I need to do to fix it. I don't run the game in fullscreen because this is my laptop, and I sometimes run into trouble when I do that (but a windowed version works just fine).

Before anyone asks, I don't use Compiz (that's what they suggested on the World of Padman forums when the same problem cropped up there), and have never installed it, so I doubt that's the problem. The game appears to run perfectly in every other way. Does anyone recognize this problem?

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:12 AM

Distribution version and SDL version (linux iourt uses SDL right?).

#3 User is offline   timelord Icon

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:38 PM

View Postmitsubishi, on 27 August 2010 - 11:12 AM, said:

Distribution version and SDL version (linux iourt uses SDL right?).

Sorry, I'm using Crunchbang. I believe it's 9.02. It's the latest one that came out before Statler. Based on Ubuntu/Debian, naturally. I have an ATI integrated video card with all the latest drivers. I don't know what SDL is, so I can't comment on that. Like I said, the game runs PERFECTLY in every other way.

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

It may be related to the particular window manager. Can you try others? (e.g. instead of KDE, Gnome, or a minimal one).

#5 User is offline   timelord Icon

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

View Postmitsubishi, on 27 August 2010 - 03:43 PM, said:

It may be related to the particular window manager. Can you try others? (e.g. instead of KDE, Gnome, or a minimal one).

Metacity runs as default, as far as I know. I do not have Compiz. My manager is Openbox. Is it possible to try out another manager without removing what I have? I have it set up pretty much just how I like it at the moment.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942