Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Capture & Hold Rate Topic: -----

Or, wtf happened to a nice game-mod?

#1 User is offline   Frater Frag Icon

• Account: fraterfrag

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:08 AM

Some years back, CAH was going strong, it did include the same fights over the flags as CTF, but it did include the feral fights mostly found in TDM...:cool: These days... Well, lets say that CAH is missing in action...

So... What did go wrong?

After all, with CAH, the camping factor is due to be re-localised all over the map, forcing the players to move all over the map, not just going for attack or camp.

My wish is that more server-admins set up more CAH-servers, and that more players demand more CAH!
!OLD!Frater_Frag! Proud member of the !OLD! clan since the great days of WFA!

#2 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:25 AM

I'm a fan of a good cap n hold map... part of the problem is finding maps that don't suck.

Too many noob complain about camping anyway... and don't get the idea of how cap n hold works... plus it requires actual teamwork like ctf does... which is confusing to a lot of people lol.

I've set up some cap n hold on our servers but mostly we get tdm players so it just irritated them. I've been considering setting up some servers using different game types under the DSG label recently... maybe I'll pursue this farther...

Anyone else interested in cap n hold? What is the level of interest for things like that?
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#3 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:53 AM

I think CaH is a good game type to so i would sure test it out :P
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#4 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

CaH is a fun game type to play in a clan vs clan context. InTribe has done that a lot in the UZ summer- and winter-cups.
But frankly, in pub context. I wouldn't even bother to join that, consider how often people already play plain and simple TDM on CTF pubs. It would just frustrate me to no end about the people on your team not playing, or knowing (that there are), objectives at all.

#5 User is offline   Speckknoedelsup Icon

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

I like CTH too, also an excellent game mode to practise using the minimap.

Great maps for CTH are,
kingpin
kingdom
oil depot

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Phoenix Icon

• Account: phoenix

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:40 PM

I have never played CAH. Sad isn't it.
There just aren't any good populated servers in Australia. :sad:

#7 User is offline   mugumbo Icon

• Account: mugumbo

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

I want some CAH!!! It was my fav on assaultcube (which sucks btw). I wish their were some actual folks setting up servers focused on this.
Digdug

#8 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:15 AM

here you go guys - nice UK based server > suggestions are open for map cycles and CAH configurations please provide them here (or better yet @ nitroservers.co.uk forums so i'll be able to track them)

Posted Image
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942