• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

wth is this crap...!?

give us some control over our affiliations

#1 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:21 PM

Okay... in lieu of ranting and swearing at the screen... here is a list of things I would love to see remedied:

1. I would like to use one of My untaken aliases... but it is STILL not available because it is SIMILAR to a clan's name and the auto-checker pukes when I try to put it in.

2. The management system for clans is sorely lacking... I'll just leave it at that and hope they're working on it.

3. Someone added Me to their clan without asking (more than once). I never received any way to confirm the membership and now I'm listed in a clan I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH. Take yourself out you say? Well... you can't. FIX THAT. Seriously... every other site around that has social group functions allows for "add" and "confirm"... imagine My surprise when I found out I'd joined a clan I've never even heard of.
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#2 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:28 PM

If people continue adding you to their clan members list your name will look something like *RC*/ToP/-STD-|WTF|[DSG]Durandal.

#3 User is offline   Durandal Icon

• Account: durandal
  • Main tag: [DSG]

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:31 PM

View PostRav3n, on 05 October 2010 - 11:28 PM, said:

If people continue adding you to their clan members list your name will look something like *RC*/ToP/-STD-|WTF|[DSG]Durandal.

well it does actually pose a realistic problem... aside from the fact I don't wanna be associated with groups I know nothing about ... My own clan bylaws preclude dual-clan membership. So if I saw this I might have to take disciplinary action against Myself. For now I'm not telling Myself that I'm listed that way because it wasn't Me who did it. I hope I don't find out and cause a scene.
"On a long enough time line, everyone's survival rate drops to zero..." --Tyler Durden

#4 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:34 PM

View PostDurandal, on 05 October 2010 - 11:31 PM, said:

well it does actually pose a realistic problem... aside from the fact I don't wanna be associated with groups I know nothing about ... My own clan bylaws preclude dual-clan membership. So if I saw this I might have to take disciplinary action against Myself. For now I'm not telling Myself that I'm listed that way because it wasn't Me who did it. I hope I don't find out and cause a scene.

Joke aside, yeah i see how it can cause problems for you. By the time you prove you're not doubleclaning people in your clan are already pissed off.
And that confirm/deny function would be nice.

#5 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:09 AM

same for me > someone put me in the n00bs clan and i have nothing to do with it.. seriously.. :P
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   s.e.t.i. Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: seti

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:15 AM

I'll get Raider to look into this.
Cheers... s.e.t.i.
[img]http://www.urbanterr...ers/13.0.80.png[/img]

#7 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:33 AM

Reading this thread makes me wonder ... and i just noticed too that i'm apparently part of Ninja 6 which i have no idea who they or zildex are/is.

#8 User is offline   s.e.t.i. Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: seti

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:31 PM

View PostNexu, on 06 October 2010 - 12:33 AM, said:

Reading this thread makes me wonder ... and i just noticed too that i'm apparently part of Ninja 6 which i have no idea who they or zildex are/is.

but nexu... you ARE the Ninja!!!

ok jk. we're aware of these problems. the site coders and admins are working on fixing the problem guys. please give us a little time and all will be well again :)
Cheers... s.e.t.i.
[img]http://www.urbanterr...ers/13.0.80.png[/img]

#9 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:06 AM

[Sat|01:06:16] [%nexu] !8ball am i a ninja?
[Sat|01:06:16] [@ChanServ] nexu: Never.
:ohmy:

#10 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:10 AM

I thought we were supposed to "break" stuff like this, and find these kind of problems before 4.2 comes out? makes sense to me. lol
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942