• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

UrT issue with networking Rate Topic: -----

macbook pro 13'

#1 User is offline   mandril Icon

• Account: mandril

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

Hey... im having problems with Urban Terror since i use mac osx lol... it seems to be a networking problem because it affects the netgraph.

Here is what happend in the game:

Imagine im outside of office pillars door, and im pressing W (default key) to enter the office.. when im outside, the game freeze for like 1 or 2 seconds... real freeze.. no sound , no nothing.. then it unfreeze and i appear inside the office because i was pressing the W key.. its like it skips some part of the game lol . The opponent see me entering the office and can kill me, thats the weird thing :S .. well it was an example it happen to me all the time on every map. With low ping it happens less. like 3 or 4 times per map.. but with high ping it happens like 10 times per map

So here is a picture of my netgraph:
http://img268.images...6/shot0198t.jpg

The missing green part is the frozen thing....

And here is what i tried:

1) I changed my router at first.
2) I went to a friends house with my macbook and use his internet and router... still having the problem and he doesn't.
3) Re-installed UrT.
4) Changed the network rate.
5) Changed the FPS and graphics.

What i have not tried yet :

*Using a wired connection instead of wireless.

Im using a macbook pro 13' with Mac OSX 10.6 snow leopard.

The weird thing is i have no problem with any other games

#2 User is offline   woody Icon

• Account: woody

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

Well,have you tried a different server?
Lets say,if youre from Europe,you should ONLY play on European servers...i personally recommend Germany's and France servers.

Cause if you are from Europe,and youre playing on a South American server...that will suck,no matter about youre isp or PC/Laptop/Mac or whatever you have.

#3 User is offline   mandril Icon

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

View Postwoody, on 08 July 2010 - 09:22 PM, said:

Well,have you tried a different server?
Lets say,if youre from Europe,you should ONLY play on European servers...i personally recommend Germany's and France servers.

Cause if you are from Europe,and youre playing on a South American server...that will suck,no matter about youre isp or PC/Laptop/Mac or whatever you have.

Yes, i tried servers from lots of locations.. as i said before.. with low ping it happens less.. and with high ping it happens more often.

I think the issue is with snow leopard.. :S i dont remember having this problem with leopard i also format and re-installed my snow leopard and the problem persists.

#4 User is offline   woody Icon

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

I have no ideea if this will work,but you should give it a try:
Since you said that you think the problem may be from the OS...
How about downloading a free copy of Ubuntu,and boot it up from the CD ?
If you still have the problem,it will be clear that the problem doesnt come from the OS.

Again:i dont know if it will work or not,sice i am clueless about mac's.

#5 User is offline   mandril Icon

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

View Postwoody, on 09 July 2010 - 11:06 AM, said:

I have no ideea if this will work,but you should give it a try:
Since you said that you think the problem may be from the OS...
How about downloading a free copy of Ubuntu,and boot it up from the CD ?
If you still have the problem,it will be clear that the problem doesnt come from the OS.

Again:i dont know if it will work or not,sice i am clueless about mac's.

Well.. i installed windows XP from bootcamp but didnt work well, i had another network issue.. like lots of lags but not this problem. I don't think installing Ubuntu will work on Mac , btw it seems nobody plays urt on a mac, damn!!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   woody Icon

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:59 PM

You could take a look here for a tutorial on how to install ubuntu on Mac.
But as i said,i dont know if this will work,thats why i recommended just to boot it up from the cd.

#7 User is offline   mandril Icon

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:24 AM

View Postwoody, on 09 July 2010 - 04:59 PM, said:

You could take a look here for a tutorial on how to install ubuntu on Mac.
But as i said,i dont know if this will work,thats why i recommended just to boot it up from the cd.

Im not planning to install Ubuntu on my macbook... to play a "multiplatform" game.. so many issues with osx.. i hope 4.2 to be well tested on the mac and well fix the netcode :D ... maybe i have to wait for 4.2 to get my problem solved :S pretty dumb solution.

#8 User is offline   zippozappo Icon

• Account: zippozappo

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

hi,
MacBookPro 2010 SnowLeo 10.6.4

I get the same thing like you. Ok i´m sitting in Germany but who cares...
Last Month with my old MBPro 2007 i was able to play like hell and now i get those Lags. I even get after 20s six of those Yellow Pings and in this time i get a nice shot to the Head... because of the lag..but after these fuckers are gone everything is fine..

MobilePhones are off, the Ids from the other WiFi are not blocking me,i´ve got a 16000MBit DSl

When i find something Out i will post it, my Mac-friend (or enemy inGame)

#9 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

Go to www.pingtest.net and test your connection for packet loss. Repeat the test several times (more the better), once wont be enough, if the test doesn't shows packet loss your connection is fine.
I used to have gaps in my green line just like yours. It wasn't my connection, it was my graphics card. Turning blood off solved it (don't ask why i have no idea).

#10 User is offline   zyu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: zyu
  • Main tag: =vSC=

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:21 PM

I have exactly the same issue for weeks now and I bet it has to do with the graphic update which came from Apple several weeks ago.
I can't find any solution with this gaps in the green part of the netgraph.. I got them for about 1 second every now and then but mostly when 'action' is going on (Many enemy's rushing, many nades exploding, etc.)

This is really disgusting. :|

Pingtest (No change after many repeats)

Posted Image

This post has been edited by zYu: 14 September 2010 - 11:26 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942