• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

HK64 explosion delay reduction Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   ozelot Icon

• Account: ozelot

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

As I see it, the main reason why the HK64 is so unpopular is, because the explosion delay is too high, forcing you to rely on pure luck while using this weapon.
I suggest reducing the delay from approximately 3 seconds to 1.5, or 2 seconds, thus giving the HK64 an universal usability.
There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates - Rule 37

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

In certain very defined settings it can devastate even a high skilled set of players. The common example I write about is turnpike in TS. In there, a common automatic and sniper setup usually favors massive rushing of whole groups of people. If you predict in a relative accuracy where at least 2 or 3 of them are going to rush you can destroy their rushing. This is easier in the beginning of rounds. It's even possible to trap someone with them.

But yeah, they're usually weak. e.g. casa TS, not so good for them. You could spam a bit of it on the narrow but it's dangerous. If you attack patio with it and then launch one to the inside patio side of narrow it's more 'funny' but still you have to survive.

--

Also, when they work, they usually don't give you score, but help the team. e.g. destroying the rushing of a whole team may not give you a lot of points. But if your rushers reach them and trap them, you win.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 28 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

#3 User is offline   I -Q- I Icon

• Account: iqi

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:48 AM

View Postmitsubishi, on 28 October 2010 - 10:06 AM, said:

--

Also, when they work, they usually don't give you score, but help the team. e.g. destroying the rushing of a whole team may not give you a lot of points. But if your rushers reach them and trap them, you win.

I love that .. :cool: also trying nade+leg shot move lately, it doesn't seams honour move but its mega "lol" :laugh: (nade + leg shot(s) and you go further .. you just see on screen that funny message :biggrin:)

ozelot you just need more experiments and training in game :smile:
best things in life are free ;)

#4 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

i never though that hk69 is meant to be primary. it is only good as secondary but for balance reasons on the primary section. gosh good that i have camed so relative with the ump45 since thats my true primary :wink:

now i can select whenever i want a good "secondary" gun heheh :rolleyes:

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#5 User is offline   I -Q- I Icon

• Account: iqi

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:58 AM

no need for secondary weapon .. ofc if you not playing one against five :tongue:
best things in life are free ;)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

If lucky, sometimes after you devastate the opposing team's rush, you pick up an LR after dropping it and then go on pwning.

#7 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

View PostI -Q- I, on 28 October 2010 - 11:58 AM, said:

no need for secondary weapon .. ofc if you not playing one against five :tongue:

Thats why i use spas as secondary. Its cool :rolleyes:

~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#8 User is offline   ozelot Icon

• Account: ozelot

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

I never denied that the grenade launcher can be useful in some situations (if you are playing TDM and CTF), but usually no player is willing to take the HK64 instead of an automatic rifle in any round-based Mode, just because you need:
a) luck
b) more luck
c) even more luck

Reducing the explosion delay may get more players to use the HK64 because to succeed with it wouldn't be that much dependent on luck any more.

Another possibility is to make the grenade launcher a secondary weapon - but that may make difficulties with the balance...

This post has been edited by ozelot: 28 October 2010 - 02:19 PM

There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates - Rule 37

#9 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

I know if the grenade launcher (thought it was HK69) was a secondary I would get 1 or 2 people in my team to use it all the time. xD
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#10 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

View PostZzyzx., on 29 October 2010 - 12:19 PM, said:

I know if the grenade launcher (thought it was HK69) was a secondary I would get 1 or 2 people in my team to use it all the time. xD

i got always 6 people using it as primary :sleep: mostly spawn to spawn shooting. other people mostly snipes :laugh:

~OOM91

~IIL_NODERUS

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942