• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

UT Disconnects Internet Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bcd3m0n Icon

• Account: bcd3m0n

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:54 PM

Hello people, i just downloaded and installed UT, then rebooted.
Opened the game, tried to connect to server but got the famous "No server list from master server". So in frustration I quit :mad: .

Once I get back to desktop I see my "Network Cable is Unplugged" :blink:
SO I try again, no master server list, quit, "Network Cable is Unplugged" :wacko:
It did this 5 times in a row, with a couple reboots. :ohmy:
I have tried all the failed bits of advise (change cfg setting, modify hosts file, etc) to no avail.

Any useful tips would be helpful. :laugh:

#2 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

did you look at both ends of the cable? :D maybe its unplugged

you always have internet before you start urt?

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

Maybe it happened if you searched for servers. It does many simultaneous connections and a buggy driver or whatever may not like it. If that's it try something like qtracker and limit its simultaneous connections in its settings, or fix the bug etc.

#4 User is offline   bcd3m0n Icon

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

YAY5637, it would have been hard to post here on the forums if the cable were actually unplugged wouldn't it?

Mitsubishi: I could see it clogging the internet, but that's not happening here. UT is making my PC think the net cable is unplugged.

If that qtracker doesn't work I'll just uninstall UT and chalk it up to an "unresolved problem with free software"?
That and the fact that the "no list from master server" error has yet to be rectified in how many years, shows the speed of resolutions, or the lack there of.

#5 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

It's hard to give a generic solution with the expectation it would help without more specific details to your configuration/setup.

Things like OS, firewall software/device, network device, router model, network setup.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

View Postbcd3m0n, on 17 November 2010 - 01:49 PM, said:

YAY5637, it would have been hard to post here on the forums if the cable were actually unplugged wouldn't it?

Silly YAY thought you could also connect to these forums from another pc etc - sorry about that!

View PostNexu, on 17 November 2010 - 04:02 PM, said:

It's hard to give a generic solution with the expectation it would help without more specific details to your configuration/setup.

Things like OS, firewall software/device, network device, router model, network setup.

What he said... but your welcome for people trying to help you. Hope your network dies soon :ohmy:
BorderFox

#7 User is offline   bcd3m0n Icon

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:52 AM

View PostNexu, on 17 November 2010 - 04:02 PM, said:

AMD 64 3200+
4gb Ram
Marvel Yukon with up to date drivers
Windows XP SP3 (fully updated)
Linksys WRT400N-CA Router
Netlimiter 3 (no set restrictions)

I have seen a lot of errors with PCs and games/software. But I have never seen one that makes windows think the network cable is unplugged.

#8 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:48 AM

View Postbcd3m0n, on 17 November 2010 - 01:49 PM, said:

Mitsubishi: I could see it clogging the internet, but that's not happening here. UT is making my PC think the net cable is unplugged.

It didn't say it might be bandwidth congestion, I said it might be a bug.

#9 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

You say that all connections are working properly and in proper order - network card, cables, router.

Have you already tried uninstalling netlimiter yet. From reading about netlimiter - it contains a connection blocker etc. which could be causing this issue. Eliminating this will narrow down possible solutions for you.

Just saw this after adding the above...

Hope you die soon, then we won't have useless posts like yours clogging up the threads.

Have a good day.

Thanks for your pm.

My response in the thread was in perfect sync with your replies to other members on this forum. I find your attitude and lack of of appreciation very immature but seeing as you feel that way about it .

I won´t waste any more of my time and enjoy the rest of my day.

BTW - I´m looking forward to a few rounds of UrT later - and you?

:smile:

This post has been edited by BorderFox: 18 November 2010 - 12:53 PM

BorderFox

#10 User is offline   bcd3m0n Icon

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

View PostBorderFox, on 18 November 2010 - 12:37 PM, said:

You say that all connections are working properly and in proper order - network card, cables, router.

Have you already tried uninstalling netlimiter yet. From reading about netlimiter - it contains a connection blocker etc. which could be causing this issue. Eliminating this will narrow down possible solutions for you.

Just saw this after adding the above...

Thanks for your pm.

My response in the thread was in perfect sync with your replies to other members on this forum. I find your attitude and lack of of appreciation very immature but seeing as you feel that way about it .

I won´t waste any more of my time and enjoy the rest of my day.

BTW - I´m looking forward to a few rounds of UrT later - and you?

:smile:

Yeah don't worry about that. It's already uninstalled. How much time is too much to waste on fixing free software?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942