Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Which monitor? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Bearshark Icon

• Account: bearshark

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

How can I tell Urt which monitor to use in my dually setup? It always defaults to monitor 1. Thanks and have a great day.

-Bearshark

#2 User is offline   rfx Icon

• Account: rfx

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:13 PM

How do you tell other games to use another monitor?

Or, do put it in other words: I've dual monitor and all my games start on my primary monitor. I've never found a way to tell my games to start on the second.

#3 User is offline   Bearshark Icon

• Account: bearshark

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

Well I play two games mainly, this one and yes I have a lame WOW account. Within WOW you can tell the game which monitor to display, although this a pretty new feature.

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

There's a windows API for that but someone has to code it, I could do it if I used a second monitor but I don't so meh.

However, I heard 'Ultramon' is a taskbar utility that lets you do it.

#5 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

View Postmitsubishi, on 16 November 2010 - 06:49 PM, said:

However, I heard 'Ultramon' is a taskbar utility that lets you do it.

Funny you mention it, I'm actually using it. Although only for keyboard shortcuts for disable/enable the second monitor (great if you want to play on primary and not want to get distracted) and for "move this window to the other monitor". I checked the settings but couldn't find anything related to started an app on this/that monitor. However you can easily set which is the primary monitor.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:43 AM

I play my UrT in windowed mode. Doing so allow me to use the environment variable SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS (or \r_windowPosition with Mitsu's build) on builds based of ioq3 which uses SDL to set the window position to take place anywhere on the desktop, across the screens. This works well with multi-screen setup in extended desktop mode.

Playing in windowed mode because that makes alt-tabbing between programs faster (no switching between full-screen mode and desktop) and pulling down the console returns the mouse into window desktop mode so you can click on other applications on the other screen(s).

Tip: set \r_allowResize 1 (on) to enable using the mouse to resize the UrT window size to get the right r_customwidth and r_customheight value which you can put in your autoexec.cfg. Than use \r_windowPosition in autoexec.cfg to place it everytime to start exactly on the screen and with the size you want.
Turn \r_allowResize 0 (off) again after you found the right value to prevent 'accidental' window resizing which forces a \vid_Restart

#7 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:55 AM

Interesting approach, but don't you get distracted by the things "around" the window?

#8 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

I'm on 2 1680x1050 screens (22 and 20 inch). So the window decorations aren't huge or distracting for me.

#9 User is offline   rfx Icon

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

Ok, definitely a personal thing anyway. I'm on 1600x1200 and I'm out of my zen if there's a non-UrT pixel on the screen, almost like blasphemy :p Ok, OT ...

#10 User is offline   BRAVO Icon

• Account: bravo

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

View PostNexu, on 17 November 2010 - 01:43 AM, said:

I play my UrT in windowed mode. Doing so allow me to use the environment variable SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS (or \r_windowPosition with Mitsu's build) on builds based of ioq3 which uses SDL to set the window position to take place anywhere on the desktop, across the screens. This works well with multi-screen setup in extended desktop mode.

Playing in windowed mode because that makes alt-tabbing between programs faster (no switching between full-screen mode and desktop) and pulling down the console returns the mouse into window desktop mode so you can click on other applications on the other screen(s).

Tip: set \r_allowResize 1 (on) to enable using the mouse to resize the UrT window size to get the right r_customwidth and r_customheight value which you can put in your autoexec.cfg. Than use \r_windowPosition in autoexec.cfg to place it everytime to start exactly on the screen and with the size you want.
Turn \r_allowResize 0 (off) again after you found the right value to prevent 'accidental' window resizing which forces a \vid_Restart

nexu <3 thanx
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE

I KILL PEOPLE

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942