• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PUBLIC ALPHA? Rate Topic: ****- 7 Votes

what happened to the promised beta?

#261 User is offline   Biometric Icon

• Account: biometric
  • Main tag: |HSO|

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:07 PM

I gotta say in all honesty, I am disappointed. It is Christmas. You prosied it would be here by now. Where is it?

And please don't give me that the developers evelop the game in their free time stuff. Yes, that is well possible and I am grateful for them doing so. But no matter if you are a full time developer or working on a free-time game, there is just absolutely no reason to put out promises like that and then not hold them.
And it's not like it was announced on the forums in some dev post. It was on the front page. And bam, what do we get? A screenshot of a knife that had been finished for half an eternity.

I do know a couple of people from FS and I hope they're not taking this personal or feel offended by my rage here, but I'm just tring to give my disappointment some room. Look at our side. You guys have been enjoying working on models, sound design, new maps and testing for all that time while all the community got was a 'It'll be done when it's done'

Again, no offense intended, just asking why HD is not here yet.

#262 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

• Account: haydugjr

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

I got a new laptop for Christmas. Should I bother downloading 4.1, or is HD on its way soon?
Sorry, Caps-Lock broke there for a minute.

#263 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:14 PM

We’ll be doing public QA testing with our new standalone game and engine sometime between now and Christmas.

Christmas isn't over yet!

#264 User is offline   mrpotatohead Icon

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

View PostH0i, on 25 December 2010 - 02:14 PM, said:

Christmas isn't over yet!

So does this mean you will still release something today?

Potato

#265 User is offline   P.R.K Icon

• Account: prk

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

the wait is killing me. i got nothing planned till later, so i hope i get some UT HD in before then.

#266 User is offline   pab Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: pab
  • Main tag: ro||

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

good news cheers

#267 User is offline   Biometric Icon

• Account: biometric
  • Main tag: |HSO|

Posted 25 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

The statement was BETWEEN then and Christmas. To me, that doesn't include Christmas. I will happily take everything back should we really get HD within the next 3 days.

#268 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 25 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

View PostHaydugjr, on 25 December 2010 - 02:14 PM, said:

I got a new laptop for Christmas. Should I bother downloading 4.1, or is HD on its way soon?

If you plan on ever playing on 4.1 (Stable release) servers, then yeah.

#269 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

patience is a virtue

#270 User is offline   beastmode87 Icon

Posted 25 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

all of you crack me up.. waiting for a game that is broken and has been for years and is garunteed to be still broken by the obvious lack of communication and broken promises.. "between now in christmas" aka ruin everyones christmas who want to play it by making them wait all day and be antisocial faggots with their family because frozen sands cant simply do something logical and release it before christmas or simply say, hey, its gonna be released at this time, as a late christmas present so you all can enjoy time with your family then play the game. You guys act like this hasn't been happening for years... i gave up waiting on 4.2 oh i dont know over a year ago when it was supposed to be released.

-have fun with your bad game while i enjoy fun games that work and are updated on a consistent basis with conveyed and understood complaints and suggestions from the dev team... with real servers 24/7 and and a real community that isn't based on YOU CHEAT BECAUSE YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME AT A BAD GAME (everyone and UUA)

This post has been edited by Kr0m: 25 December 2010 - 05:22 PM
Reason for edit: Have fun in those other games then... Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

• (28 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942