Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

single shot mode Rate Topic: -----

make it more popular

#1 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

hello...

i know it's kind of late in the day to come up with a new suggestion but considering it's christmas, now is the time for a gift-wrapped miracle ...

i'd like to see the single shot mode of the assault rifles become more popular, i only know one player using single shot mode regularly, tried it myself a few times but never succeeded, so my idea was to maybe boost the single shot mode in comparison to the automatic mode, making one bullet fired with single shot more powerful than a bullet fired with automatic mode ... well that's it ..

so long

karl
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

The reason they can't do that easily is that one can externally convert it into auto (e.g. with mwheel, macros or even some hardware).

However, it would be secure if it was forced to be also slower (even if it's hit as fast as possible), but that'd be different.

#3 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

• Account: haydugjr

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:02 PM

Mitsubishi is right, and limiting the speed would just ruin semi auto for all the players who already use it. It's fine the way it is now.
Sorry, Caps-Lock broke there for a minute.

#4 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:11 PM

hmmm makes sense ... sadly, i can't compete with anyone using automatic mode, especially in close combat i'm lost...

#5 User is offline   I -Q- I Icon

• Account: iqi

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

I don't understand why you don't play with auto?

I play with auto, and I find it as best controled mode but fact is I didn't try to much other modes so ... but if I panic (ofc reason is lag-warp .. what esle :happy: ) then I'm lost .. meaning I play auto but only hit if I don't hold fire (legendary fast clicks)... otherwise I must take negev and just relax :laugh:
best things in life are free ;)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

Actually i have always played urt using automatic mode, the idea to switch to single shot mode came up when i played offline versus bots, those seem to use single shot mode, so i tried it myself, level 4 bots are easy to beat using single shot but playing online against human enemies without using automatic mode is just impossible ..

karl

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 24 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

#7 User is offline   Bodhisattva Icon

• Account: bodhisattva

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

Changing bullet power seems a little bit much and abusable however I like the intention.

What might be considered would be letting the user vary their rate of fire in auto mode balancing fire rate and recoil to tolerances that fit their gameplay

Maybe make the fire rate specific to each individual weap instance so if u pick up somebody else's rifle, it is set how they like it.

P.S., I always thought the AK recoil was excessive given the slow rate of fire and (under-represented damage of 7.62 round).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942