Urban Terror Forums: What kind of circle jumping speed should be achievable with kevlar? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What kind of circle jumping speed should be achievable with kevlar? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pollofeliz Icon

• Account: pollofeliz

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:47 AM

I would like to know what kind of speed should be possible to achieve when circle jumping with kevlar, without using any tricks, like wall jumps and such. I turned on the speed meter, and I am getting around 550.

Regarding the jumping technique, should the fastest speed be achievable when sprinting, jumping and rotating your character with mouse, or do I need to use any additional keys? I head that pressing strafe keys may improve speed. Is that true?

Another question: after which jump should it be optimal to start to turn to around 90 degrees?

This post has been edited by pollofeliz: 28 December 2010 - 05:48 AM

3AKOH
(usually)

#2 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

you have to press strafe keys.

i got about 860~

heres small demo me jumping ramelle

fast and dizzy but you will see my speed xD
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MLE8WPVL

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#3 User is offline   Green Viking Icon

• Account: greenviking

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

View Postthewonderboy, on 28 December 2010 - 12:35 PM, said:

you have to press strafe keys.

do you realy? if so, how? im not a good jumper, but i can get like 700-750 when rushing pillars, and im not presing any strafe keys. iv tryed to mess around with pressing strafe keys, but that didnt seem to have any effect.

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

It was 3.7 when I was researching it and I wasn't good back then but the idea Joram had (one of the best UrT jumpers ever) was that due to the sprinting functionality not apparent in Q3 base, it's less important to use strafe, making circling while on air (not the 'on-ground circling') the most powerful tool in UrT jumping.

I suspected circling + strafing was the ultimate tool but unless it would be the same with circling, it would probably add little to just circling on air.

--

In general, Q3 base required circling + strafing [simultaneously] for the ultimate speed.

--

It was generally obvious that circling alone gives a lot to UrT but less in Q3 base.

It's not hard to understand why it wouldn't be exactly the same since sprinting in UrT only occurs when going forwards. It's disabled in any other direction. This is a mechanic inexistent in base.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 28 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

#5 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

blah, i go with quake all the way :cool:

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942