Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

PC Freezing Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dead (old) Icon

• LocationItaly

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:03 PM

Hi all. When I play UrT, my PC freeze randomly about every 20 minutes - 3 hours and the only way to "solve" the problem is the PC reset

- It happens ONLY if I'm playing UrT

- It not depending from a particular map, server or game situation

- It begun to happen with 3.2 or 3.3 version (but at the same time i upgraded my video drivers)

- I reinstalled the old video drivers without any result

- I reinstalled all the Quake program and UrT mod and I guess that the frequence of the freezing was reduced for some days, but now the problem is back again.

- I've played with or without antivirus and/or firewall enabled without any appreciable difference

- I read the logs but they are always suddenly interrupted at the freezing time.

Hardware:
CPU Intel 2.8
MB Abit IS7
2x512 RAM Kingstone
ATI Radeon 9600 - 256Mb
Windows XP SP1

Any idea to help me?

Thanks

#2 Guest_[PoD]Addicted

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:31 PM

heat and voltage ok ?

this game still gets my machine a little warm sometimes

if your fans react to heat they can put a drain on the voltage and cause some parts like the video card to fart .. and that can make u freeze

or heat

just brain storming here ...

#3 User is offline   Texas Gore (old) Icon

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:45 PM

- It begun to happen with 3.2 or 3.3 version (but at the same time i upgraded my video drivers)

- I reinstalled the old video drivers without any result

There may be some files remaining from the previous drivers. Try using nasty file remover or similar program.

nfr can be found here

#4 User is offline   Chris Icon

• Account: chris
  • Main tag: [US]

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:29 PM

if your old video drivers are forceware 5x.xx and you have a old client version of punkbuster then try to update punkbuster too

#5 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:22 AM

I had this freezes too. What I did was reinstalling my PC totally... with all newest drivers (sound/motherboard/video/mouse/printer/etc) and all newest windows updates blah blah. And now I dont hace crashes anymore.

My computer does freeze when I have Norton running though... but thats always. not only ingame.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942