Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It's After Christmas Rate Topic: -----

Waiting.

#1 User is offline   remi Icon

• Account: remi

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:37 AM

Well, it's after Christmas. While right now i'm supporting a no rush type thing with 4.2, wouldn't a realistic release date be nice? I know these things take time, but I see no problem in trying to at least give some kind of general area of release. As in weeks, months, ect. This will at least give the general public a date to look forward to, and the Devs a date to try and beat. Although i'm ignorant towards this new HD thing that recently came out, the home page says the current version is 4.1 and that's what i'm sticking to.

This post has been edited by remi: 10 January 2011 - 07:38 AM

#2 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:57 AM

and thats what you should !
Stick with 4.1 since its latest official version. But it would be nice that you try is your computer supported in HD alpha since when you adress possible problems it means just better support over all.

I dont get the point of release date. As i said upper, if you try to help in testing it will mean overall better support. It means more rushed release.

Actualy they already had release so there is no point for beta/final date since beta is test version too. Betas wont always have all the features. The current version will update at time. Test version has new content and is playable already

Also i think there is big advantage over the amount of work devs do. This is more active way. They do small job when it apears trough forum feed back.

Atleast i think so :tongue:

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

I suppose what big Corprorations do, they suppose they will have it ready 6 months before the release day. e.g. World of Warcraft is a massive game in the art department, to make a silly pet that takes 1/1000th of the screen, they use a full size model of a cat. The must have gotten all that ready months before and they only wait for final trims.

#5 User is offline   Foxxy Icon

• Account: foxxy

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

You're being involved in the alpha testing, not the beta, alpha. Alpha is usually reserved for in-house testing.

Calm down, and chin up. Go play some 4.1.3 :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Lawlcopt0r Icon

• Account: lawlcopt0r

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

lol I love how the topic name is really unfriendly, I always imagine him sitting there like he was waiting for a bus, always looking in the direction and making impatient noises :D
sorry for my bad english, i'm german =P

#7 User is offline   cessquill Icon

• Account: cessquill

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:57 AM

Release dates are predominantly for marketing, logistics (manufacturing, distribution, sales, scheduling, etc.) and PR. Big names have to whoop up excitement, demo at shows, have games printed and shipped, release at prime times or before competitors, yada yada.

As URT doesn't need any of that, we are in the luxury position of having it ready when it's ready, and not forced by an arbitrary release date. Whilst no deadline at all can be dangerous, all you're going to get from citing a time-frame, however rough it is, is a whole load of people ranting that their entitled product is not out yet. Or out but not perfect.

Of course the flip side is that people are left waiting in the dark, but it would be stupid of the devs to give a date at this stage. Alpha testing *could* throw up a major issue that adds 6 months to the schedule, it could raise 300% more errors than they were expecting. Or, of course, it could be perfect right off the bat.

True, they could revise their estimates, but communications could always be better from technology projects - especially Open Source ones. Heck, every Open Source project I'm interested in suffers from some communication shortfall or another.

Anyways, cut to the tl;dr conclusion. Stay on 4.1 and help with the Alpha testing of 4.2. It might be out quicker, and you might enjoy it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942