• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

FPS drops Rate Topic: -----

Q3 + Patch works - IO doesnt

#1 User is offline   Jungleee Icon

• Account: jungleee

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

Hey guys,

i know there r some thread about fps... but thats not rly my problem...
i played still witch q3 + urt4.1 till some weeks, where we have to update to 4.1.1.. btw UAC isnt working with q3 too...

but btt... i got stable 125 FPS when playing with Q3 + 4.1 MOD... not any drop.
cuz of the issues with UAC and the new Version i installed 4.1.1 based on IOurt... i just copied my cfg to IOurt...
and since iam playing IO i got damn Fps drops on nearly all maps, if there is some more action with more players..

drops down to 75...

my system is win7 64bit
AMD Phenom X2 9950
4G Ram
ATI Readon 4870HD

can anybody gimme some tipps, to get stable FPS anymore ?

#2 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

View PostJungleee, on 13 February 2011 - 10:54 PM, said:

Hey guys,

i know there r some thread about fps... but thats not rly my problem...
i played still witch q3 + urt4.1 till some weeks, where we have to update to 4.1.1.. btw UAC isnt working with q3 too...

but btt... i got stable 125 FPS when playing with Q3 + 4.1 MOD... not any drop.
cuz of the issues with UAC and the new Version i installed 4.1.1 based on IOurt... i just copied my cfg to IOurt...
and since iam playing IO i got damn Fps drops on nearly all maps, if there is some more action with more players..

drops down to 75...

my system is win7 64bit
AMD Phenom X2 9950
4G Ram
ATI Readon 4870HD

can anybody gimme some tipps, to get stable FPS anymore ?

You could try an ioUrbanTerror client which has VBO support (for improved render performances) and turn off all the eye-candy (\r_bloom 0; r_dof 0; r_fog 0; r_autobump 0). Either you can take 27's own build (it's posted on this forum) or you can take Mitsu's optimized build.

UAC3 looks at the binary name. I suspect UAC3 can be used with Q3A binary (read: quake3.exe) if you would rename it to ioUrbanTerror.exe; this tricks works for Mitsu's build and thus this let me to believe that UAC3 does not check for the binary md5sum.

If you were talking about lag that is caused only when you are running UrT + UAC3:
UAC3 causes lag due to it's somewhat aggressive process scanning nature. The more processes you have running, the longer and more severe the lag symptoms are. What personally works for me is trying to close (or kill) as many non "UrT gaming critical" processes as i possibly could. This has proven to be working not just for me, but for my team mates as well.

#3 User is offline   Jungleee Icon

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

View PostNexu, on 14 February 2011 - 12:03 PM, said:

You could try an ioUrbanTerror client which has VBO support (for improved render performances) and turn off all the eye-candy (\r_bloom 0; r_dof 0; r_fog 0; r_autobump 0). Either you can take 27's own build (it's posted on this forum) or you can take Mitsu's optimized build.

UAC3 looks at the binary name. I suspect UAC3 can be used with Q3A binary (read: quake3.exe) if you would rename it to ioUrbanTerror.exe; this tricks works for Mitsu's build and thus this let me to believe that UAC3 does not check for the binary md5sum.

If you were talking about lag that is caused only when you are running UrT + UAC3:
UAC3 causes lag due to it's somewhat aggressive process scanning nature. The more processes you have running, the longer and more severe the lag symptoms are. What personally works for me is trying to close (or kill) as many non "UrT gaming critical" processes as i possibly could. This has proven to be working not just for me, but for my team mates as well.

hey thx for the answer... where i can find the builds ?

thx

greetz

#4 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

http://forums.urbant...page__hl__bumpy

http://forums.urbant...of-ioq3-engine/

And i forgot to mention about \r_simpleshaders 1 and \r_fancywater 0

#5 User is offline   Jungleee Icon

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

View PostNexu, on 14 February 2011 - 07:25 PM, said:

http://forums.urbant...page__hl__bumpy

http://forums.urbant...of-ioq3-engine/

And i forgot to mention about \r_simpleshaders 1 and \r_fancywater 0

hey

i dl Mitsu exe now... but the sound suxx like hell now.. its not clear.. like my headset is damaged?
can i turn off this ikalizer?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:49 PM

Yes, you can. Instructions are on the Mitsu build's thread in the first post.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942