Urban Terror Forums: Weapons suggestion: restrict weapons instead of disabling them - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Weapons suggestion: restrict weapons instead of disabling them Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   etplayer Icon

• Account: etplayer

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

I saw there are plenty of servers where some weapons are disabled (HK69, nades, scopes etc..)
How about instead of completely disabling weapons (or items) have an restriction parameters for that you can setup for weapon amount per team (e.g. let's say set up no more than 2 HK69, 2 smoke nades and 3 medic bags per team etc.).

This post has been edited by etplayer: 13 March 2011 - 04:53 PM

#2 User is offline   PureFilth Icon

• Account: purefilth
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:18 PM

I would quite like that myself, I enquired elsewhere if it was possible for the B3 bot to limit items per team like ET + items per team based on current number of people connected to the server. Probably not but it would be a good feature to have.

#3 User is offline   Frater Frag Icon

• Account: fraterfrag

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:29 AM

There was this restriction back in the days of WFA, based on classes. Ie, some servers only let you use one sniper one cyborg etc. In the end, it was a disaster, What you got was Quake CTF with funny hats! Better to let it all be free, after a while you get a natural order of balance!
!OLD!Frater_Frag! Proud member of the !OLD! clan since the great days of WFA!

#4 User is offline   3spades Icon

•   verified donor   
    Support Guy
  • Account: 3spades

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:31 AM

* Grabs 1 of each limited item.
* Sits in spawn moving left and right to not trigger idle kick

That's one reason why. Good luck coming into a pub and begging some one to not pick sniper so you can pick it.
urt.voxel.net :: Ruining your URT experience [2] weapons limited servers at a time.
Kevlar in CTF is like sex with a condom. Sure you get the general feel of things, but everyone would enjoy the game without it.

#5 User is offline   pollofeliz Icon

• Account: pollofeliz

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

View Postetplayer, on 13 March 2011 - 04:51 PM, said:

I saw there are plenty of servers where some weapons are disabled (HK69, nades, scopes etc..)
How about instead of completely disabling weapons (or items) have an restriction parameters for that you can setup for weapon amount per team (e.g. let's say set up no more than 2 HK69, 2 smoke nades and 3 medic bags per team etc.).

Interesting suggestion but the benefit/cost ratio of implementing this is probably just not that high. Also, I can imagine the potential dramas involved in making decisions like who will be the nader, who will be the sniper, and who will be a sole mortal foot soldier equipped with a smoke grenade.

This post has been edited by pollofeliz: 15 March 2011 - 08:15 AM

3AKOH
(usually)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   etplayer Icon

• Account: etplayer

Posted 15 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

I agree that problems can occur if someone misconfigures the server (so you will get all the dramas of who picks what etc.).
Then another question: why would you wanna continue to play on some server with crappy settings if you can easily go to another server? O_o

#7 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:29 AM

do not like + agree with Frater Frag and 3spades
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942