Urban Terror Map Depot needs you! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 04 November 2004 - 07:50 PM

Find out more here...

#2 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2004 - 08:45 PM

If I would write some tutorials now, I would have to rewrite them when ETUT is released, so that would be double work. So when ETUT is out I will help.

#3 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:20 PM

Why would you have to rewrite them? It's a 1:1 port, the editor really isn't changing. I don't see the problem.

#4 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 04 November 2004 - 09:46 PM

They shouldn't be any changes if at all when it comes to mapping for ET-UT. If there is... I'll modify them on your behalf if need be.

#5 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 November 2004 - 10:56 PM

Well, one of my tutorials "depended" on a shader of which I think was the property of ID. With the port they won't have the right to use the stuff from ID anymore, so it would change. Yes, it's a 1:1 port, but still there will be some minor changes which require the tuts to be updated then.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 04 November 2004 - 11:19 PM

[quote name='"F for Fragging"]Well' date=' one of my tutorials "depended" on a shader of which I think was the property of ID. With the port they won't have the right to use the stuff from ID anymore, so it would change. Yes, it's a 1:1 port, but still there will be some minor changes which require the tuts to be updated then.[/quote']

That's true, SID can't use any ET textures, or baseq3 textures for ET-UT... but us mappers are free of that limitation. I asked.

#7 User is offline   tub (old) Icon

• Locationut_abbey

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:27 AM

Well no you can't use the baseq3 textures in ET. That would be a basic copyright violation.

As far as a shader script goes just make your own version of it by cutting ad pasting.

#8 User is offline   MrSentry Icon

• Account: mrsentry
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 07 November 2004 - 09:34 PM

Yah what he (tub) said

#9 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:55 PM

Well no you can't use the baseq3 textures in ET. That would be a basic copyright violation.

As far as a shader script goes just make your own version of it by cutting ad pasting.

Okay, I missed that. That's fine. Least there's another good reason why old Q3UT2/3 maps shouldn't be ported to ETUT using illogical's map converter. The only textures I used to use from baseq3... there's a like-for-like swap I can pull and that's for ET's equivalent of base_light.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942