Urban Terror Forums: Psychologic People - Looking for players - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Psychologic People - Looking for players Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:28 PM

A little UP...

- I've edited my original post. More details, more informations, etc.
- Looking for NA players. All of the dudes are europeans and I'm the only canadian... I'm sure a head could be found here :] . Hours and days aren't a problem.
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#22 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

http://forums.psycho...wforum.php?f=18

http://forums.psycho...wforum.php?f=19

http://forums.psycho...wforum.php?f=17

We were very hooked on the forum. The team was mainly mainted with a forum. Before a CB match, I always wrote a plan of the match (who will play wich map, who will be the sniper/medkit/captain/etc, what strat would we use, etc). We were kinda serious in the beggining of the matches but lately it becomes a game of fun ("WHY THE F*CK DID YOU STEAL MY KILL FFS?!", "OK guys let Brainie open the rush and we'll just have to finish all the kills (Exposed mostly) :D"). About the recruitments, the appliants always had to wear the tag (psyp.) in a PCW. We/I were/was pretty serious with the appliant when he had to play. In other words, I managed the team like if it was a compagny. The group had to give good results and for that we had our engine key: thinking.

The team doesn't RIP but I don't know if we'll stay tunned.

I just wanted to write that thread for giving some news here because we traced a great path since my first posts in this topics. 1 - 2 pages ago I complained about the lack of members and today the team is done: 7 to 8 people playing well with strategies and with a lot of wins. I wanted also to give some informations about the team managment because I was searching and asking a lot about that (how to lead a team) and if some new leaders need to know how to maintain their team up and alive, they'll find a good answer here imo.
The real key to make a good team is to give something attractive about it (a concept as I did or something else) and play around it.

Brainie.

P.S: http://www.psycholog.../Conversations/ If you know what should be a real competitive team, take a look at convo-e6-aesir.txt and convo-aesir.txt . I've always managed my team in this direction: having a very soft image for the team, serious in playing with competitive spirit, having fun with the mates because it is still a game.

#23 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

Hi there,

So we made a come back and we have made some changes.

- We have a new website: http://www.psychologic-people.org/
- New line-up (Brainie, Visendi, Nerca, Exposed, Essairion, Apple (aka pomme here).

We are still recruiting 1 or 2 more people to complete the line-up. We are looking for good people interested in the concept and interested to play competitions (ClanBase).

You can find us on #psyp.team @ QUAKENET IRC or on our forum (see the website link). You can PM me if you're interested.

Cheers.

#24 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Up! We're still recruiting!

See this page: http://forum.psychol...wtopic.php?id=3

#25 User is offline   rastablaster Icon

• Account: rastablaster

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

i consider psychology a fine example of pseudo-science and just little more than a hooker of pharmaceutical companies. Try headology by Granny Weatherwax for it is at least less
pretentious.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Well, I don't consider it as a pseudo-science since it is based on observations and experiments that were approved as general statements. Psychology is a real science because it tries to respond to the "how does it work" question. Science responds to "how does it work" and so psychology does. This domain functions in the same way as the "strong" science does (ie: if you cannot demonstrate that a statement is false, then this statement is true, and so on).

By the way you cannot talk about pharmacy companies because psychology doesn't use medicaments. Psychiatry uses medicaments but it is a branch of the medicine.

Here in my case, I try to relate the more possible things from the psychology of the human to the video games. You would be surprised if I told you that it is actually something done by a lot of video game companies such as Valve (they are recruiting a psychologist), Ubisoft and so on. And it works pretty well.

This post has been edited by Brainie: 13 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

#27 User is offline   muhammadshepherd Icon

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:51 AM

I really like your concept. It is very creative and I have a similar mind-set. I am new to Urban Terror so I won't even consider asking to join a clan I was just checking clans to see how it works here at UrT. But I just wanted to say I really like your idea and I hope the more skilled and better I get at the game whilst learning new tactics, techniques and manourvers I may be able to join your clan one day.

Regards,

Muhammad Shepherd

#28 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hi there,

I'm glad you like the concept! We could keep in touch if you want and play together if you want.

Woah this topic is old eh he. I'll make it up to date.

#29 User is offline   Brainie Icon

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

Hello everyone,

Just to say that we are still alive and playing! If you wish to find a team where you can enjoy the game and play ClanBase or UrbanZone seriously, feel free to get in touch with me!

I updated the first page. We are looking for people all over the world. Multi-clanning is accepted. We would only play ClanBase. Feel free to get in touch with me to get more informations.

#psyp.team on IRC @ quakenet :3

Cheers.

This post has been edited by Brainie: 27 August 2013 - 12:24 AM

#30 User is offline   joox Icon

• Account: joox
  • Main tag: aeon.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

I attempted to register, but my password has not been sent to me.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942