• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Playing and cheaters Rate Topic: -----

HOW TO GET RID OF IT

#12 User is offline   Dougy Icon

• Account: dougy

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:37 AM

It's is blatantly worth around 10-15 quid because of the shear quality of the game, Yet if they were to charge for the game half of the UrT community would leave because of lack of funds etc..

#13 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:01 AM

View PostDougy, on 10 August 2011 - 01:37 AM, said:

It's is blatantly worth around 10-15 quid because of the shear quality of the game, Yet if they were to charge for the game half of the UrT community would leave because of lack of funds etc..

There is nothing to stop those who wants and can afford it to donate, an unspecified amount of their liking, to FS. Just because you don't have to pay to play, doesn't you mean you can't :wink:

Speaking purely on a personal title.

#14 User is offline   brosnell Icon

• Account: brosnell

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:47 AM

View PostRaideR, on 08 August 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Thanks for saying UrT is worth 20-25$ to you, that is great news. But it has always been our view that UrT remain free to all. Thats one of our views. Also it doesn't stop those who are prepared to get "Banned" once or twice and cheat knowing the risks... it's just simply not a good enough incentive, nothing is.

An AC which we can update regularly is the best combatant because which ofc it will be bypassed (and in my view probably scarilty quickly) once we get a grip on the changes they make, we can deploy updates.

AC is only as good as it's update, of which we plan to be frequent and many, so it should be at least a good fight against these people! Rather than currently ofc where they walk over us, as we are unprepared!

UrT HD is looking maybe 50 bucks to me when it gets father... when i see it coming along i think i might even DONATE 50 dollars lol.. it might be hard to earn it for you guys because im 16 (in september) working minimum wage...and having to pay off car bills, and blah and blah but i hope that if this happens and i hope it does that you will appreciate it because im going to have to save up a while with the spending budget i have being so strict! lol ....thats my parents who made that budget...although legally its my money...are there any benefits to donating too like a title DONATOR for your notoriety??? reguardless ill end up donating upon a good update to HD

#15 User is offline   Dougy Icon

• Account: dougy

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

Same here, I'm waiting till i start college again lol, Then i will get a job (probably working in tesco's or asda (AKA WALLMART FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE) "FML")

Then i will donate as i feel i have got a lot of skill out of this game such as modelling and mapping which i don't think i would of took a second look at if it weren't for Urban Terror :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   brosnell Icon

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

View PostDougy, on 10 August 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

Same here, I'm waiting till i start college again lol, Then i will get a job (probably working in tesco's or asda (AKA WALLMART FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE) "FML")

Then i will donate as i feel i have got a lot of skill out of this game such as modelling and mapping which i don't think i would of took a second look at if it weren't for Urban Terror :)

yikes well good luck to you with that education sounds like the good path :) im an electrican and mechanical engineer for remtec corporation. my dad owns it the only reason I got the job LOL i help assemble machine cells for automation and other things along those lines. Heres the website (non promotional purposes i am only 15 what do i care lol and its robots you cant afford them sorry haha)
http://www.remtecaut...on.com/content/

This post has been edited by brosnell: 12 August 2011 - 12:35 AM

#17 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

• Account: pussnboots

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

View PostNexu, on 08 August 2011 - 10:43 AM, said:

The notion that such mechanism would actually stop people cheating is simply flawed to the extreme.

Simply look at how many people in CS/CSS or any other popular commercial MP-games cheats and continue to cheat.

Very true! My favorite game for years was Soldner - Secrets of War. The game was $50 - $60 when it first came out. It was like the Gran Turismo of PC war games when it came out. Unfortunately, cheaters LITERALLY buried the game to the point of no return.

People don't need the source code to cheat. They just need to use one of their 2 brain cells to think about it and the other one to turn on the bot and let their computer do the work.

Oddly enough, I've noticed there to be less cheaters on non-paid games. I'm sure this has a bit to do with people putting too much stock into their "self-operating" anti-cheat system(s). Aka.. Punk Buster. (Garbage).

#19 User is offline   brosnell Icon

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 13 August 2011 - 01:56 AM, said:

Hummm actually if we gave every player 1000 bucks if they play the game but have to give us 10,000 bucks back if they are caught cheating there would be either zero cheaters or we would become rich overnight.

Yeah almost every game I join has at least one cheater.. Thats I guess one of the hugest things UrT needs to work towards (making a better anti cheat system..) also bot support should be picked up for some form of single player action..I dont always have internet connection.. Hey Frankie if I can find anyone or I see anyone around that knows AI programming and would work on the AI could I direct them to you guys to maybe help you out or write something? I think it could be nice... although not many people out there are willing to randomly program AI for no reason those things take a lot of effort... and I am no AI programmer. I am reading a really interesting book though on Artificial Intelligence Wisdom called "Ai Game Programming Wisdom" you people should all check it out it's reallllllly helpful and easy to understand!" heres an amazon link http://www.amazon.co...13253259&sr=8-1

i think its actually a series wow i had no idea lol?
http://www.amazon.co...13253259&sr=8-3
http://www.amazon.co.../ref=pd_sim_b_2

i looked up some cheat sights I dont know whether you can block their specific cheat applications but here they are

<removed by moderator>

This post has been edited by Nexu: 13 August 2011 - 05:52 PM
Reason for edit: Do not post cheats here

#20 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

There is no need for you to post cheats here. We know about the ones being used and if you can Google them. So can we.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942