• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HK69 shell damage Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

• Account: haydugjr

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

View PostSkadude, on 16 June 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

I thought it was common knowledge that the hk only kills on impact if the enemy is holding down their sprint key.

Have you read the past few posts? I could waste 5 minutes on my private server disproving this with my brother, and ten minutes uploading it to YouTube, but I'm not even going to justify that ignorant statement with an answer.
Sorry, Caps-Lock broke there for a minute.

#12 User is offline   Skadude Icon

• Account: skadude

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

I mean this as clearly as i am about to write it.. Who the *@!# are you?

You mean the fact not a single player mentioned the sprint key? Moving is not equal to holding the sprint key. You can be stationary or moving while holding sprint and get killed. If you run around not holding it, it will simply bounce off you. BUT you must take into account wasd. If i have to explain you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

#13 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

View PostSkadude, on 16 June 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

I mean this as clearly as i am about to write it.. Who the *@!# are you?

You mean the fact not a single player mentioned the sprint key? Moving is not equal to holding the sprint key. You can be stationary or moving while holding sprint and get killed. If you run around not holding it, it will simply bounce off you. BUT you must take into account wasd. If i have to explain you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

I know what it means to hold the sprint key. I think the main theory in this thread is that it falls weirdly on the hitbox, which sounds a lot more plausible than just killing if one has the sprint key pressed. You don't have to explain.

#14 User is offline   Rylius Icon

• Account: rylius
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

It does not have ANY effect if you're stationary and are pressing/releasing the sprint button. At least it doesn't when I'm modding Quake 3, and since Frozen Sand probably does better programming than a 16 year old (which in fact I am) I seriously doubt they screwed up that badly.

Lag or 'bad timing' could also contribute to this effect. Lag is pretty obvious, though it would need to be server side which is rarely happening. (Talking CPU lag, network has little effect here actually)
Since the server only runs at 20 FPS (clients interpolate everything so it's not as choppy) it's possible the grenade sits exactly in front of the player, but does not touch him yet.
Next frame firstly the players will get updated. (I doubt FS have messed with the entity logic :))
So the player moves into the grenade which won't do anything yet. The nade is halfway in now.
Next up the grenade is being updated, firstly being moved. Thus it's inside the player's hitbox now and does it's collision checks, resulting in a failed bounce.
I can confirm the 'failing bounce', did some testing on Quake 3 there.

#15 User is offline   Skadude Icon

• Account: skadude

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:20 PM

It does have an effect if you are stationary. It does a small amount of damage, knocks you back and then if you dont't move, it explodes and kills you. If you are stationary and with very low health it WILL kill you on impact.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Rylius Icon

• Account: rylius
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

I think you missed the point of this topic. :rolleyes:

#17 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:30 AM

View PostSkadude, on 16 June 2011 - 11:20 PM, said:

It does have an effect if you are stationary. It does a small amount of damage, knocks you back and then if you dont't move, it explodes and kills you. If you are stationary and with very low health it WILL kill you on impact.

Well no shit.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942