Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Really bad lag Rate Topic: -----

Can't move for seconds at a time

#1 User is offline   cactus Icon

• Account: cactus

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

I only just recently got a new laptop for school, a Fujitsu Lifebook T-Series with Intel i5 processor and Windows 7. I used to play UrT a lot on my desktop, except when I try to use my laptop, the lag is so bad I can't move, or I just keep moving backwards and forwards, or I just keep moving in a straight line. When the game lags, the lag-o-meter has huge yellow spikes on the top line, one after another, and the bottom line often has red bars, black bars and yellow blocks almost reaching the top line. This seems to happen once every couple of minutes or so, and for no particular reason. If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated, as I don't think anyone could play like this.
Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

• Account: haydugjr

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:52 PM

View Postcactus, on 16 June 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

I only just recently got a new laptop for school, a Fujitsu Lifebook T-Series with Intel i5 processor and Windows 7. I used to play UrT a lot on my desktop, except when I try to use my laptop, the lag is so bad I can't move, or I just keep moving backwards and forwards, or I just keep moving in a straight line. When the game lags, the lag-o-meter has huge yellow spikes on the top line, one after another, and the bottom line often has red bars, black bars and yellow blocks almost reaching the top line. This seems to happen once every couple of minutes or so, and for no particular reason. If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated, as I don't think anyone could play like this.
Thanks.

I remember having problems like this, but it was because of my connection. Have you tried disconnecting all other devices on your network? I know I've let my Xbox 360 idle before, and I can visibly and gameplay-wise see a huge difference between the Xbox idling and the Xbox being off. Other computers the difference is not that appearant, but it can help.

Other than that, might want to wait on someone more experienced to answer your question :)
Sorry, Caps-Lock broke there for a minute.

#3 User is offline   cactus Icon

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:53 PM

I guess I could disconnect my Xbox 360 and the *sigh* Wii, but too many people rely on the Internet on the desktop, so disconnecting everything is out of the question.
Thanks for the suggestion.

This post has been edited by cactus: 16 June 2011 - 11:54 PM

#4 User is offline   cactus Icon

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:29 AM

Sorry for the double post, but I'm still running 4.1, I haven't upgraded yet (due to download speeds). Could this be the problem?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942