View PostSilverFoxZ, on 19 March 2012 - 12:39 AM, said:

The clips :p

lol :D
M3T4L

#4 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

I can't tell much about it, without hearing the music for it (music genre changes the style and requirements :) ). But you would need to work on having a transition between the clips, not just fading in and out. Try doing crossfades and masks.

I'll come back later about the music...

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#5 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

I dont like rap but it seemd pretty fitting to the video.

Pretty solid, i dont like too complicated stuff.

Would watch again

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

I'm not really a person liking the rapping gerne, but I in fact like this song ... had the feeling the text was about hope, didn't really listen but I got in a good mood. Nevertheless the rapping genre (or atleast this particular song) has a problem for frag-movies. You synced it up very well, but the rap didn't give me the feeling of it being synced. If you want to use rap try syncing it to the 4/4, which normally is the last word of every sentence. This way you should get a good sync, but I would suggest taking a genre such as rock, metal, soundtrack ... just everything with a "melody" (no offence :) )

That's about it, it was very clean and simple. Maybe a bit too simple. Work on having a stronger sync, get some transitions between the clips and have a bit more slow-motion.

EDIT: And 00:06 - 00:18 should just be left out

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 19 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

#7 User is offline   m3t4l2 Icon

• Account: m3t4l2

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostIkslorin, on 19 March 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

I'm not really a person liking the rapping gerne, but I in fact like this song ... had the feeling the text was about hope, didn't really listen but I got in a good mood. Nevertheless the rapping genre (or atleast this particular song) has a problem for frag-movies. You synced it up very well, but the rap didn't give me the feeling of it being synced. If you want to use rap try syncing it to the 4/4, which normally is the last word of every sentence. This way you should get a good sync, but I would suggest taking a genre such as rock, metal, soundtrack ... just everything with a "melody" (no offence :) )

That's about it, it was very clean and simple. Maybe a bit too simple. Work on having a stronger sync, get some transitions between the clips and have a bit more slow-motion.

EDIT: And 00:06 - 00:18 should just be left out

thanks i will try my best :D
M3T4L

#9 User is offline   m3t4l2 Icon

• Account: m3t4l2

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 21 March 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Hay m3t4l2

You have the basic ingredients for a good frag flick but they are not mixed very well based on the result.

The fades are obviously to long which breaks the rhythm but what does stand out is the soundtrack does not match up with the action taking place and the edits were made based on the visual and not the beat.

Here is an example of arguably one of the best frag flicks out there by Tarquin.

The one thing that he does extremely well is edits the visuals he has to the beat of the soundtrack he is using. Every time the beat changes an action occurs that reinforces the visual. dadadadada BOOM dadadadada BOOOOOM

You will also notice that Tarquin also adds the occasional elements that breaks up the action flow when switching from on set to another which gives the viewer a micro break.

Overall a good what I assume is a first attempt and the fact that you were able to even edit and post a frag flick in it’s self is rather impressive. Next attempt listen to what the soundtrack is saying or make a soundtrack that fits the visual and it will be that much better. ;)

lol i watched this vid and imho music sucks xD but vid is cool i will take care of your words and ty for reply ^^
M3T4L

#10 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Got the same opinion on music as Ikslorin. I think you should use colors, but try not to make it too dark.

Posted Image
The frags weren't that satisfying, but that's not your fault. :P

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942