Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Suggestions (some from CPMA) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   undead Icon

• Account: undead

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:16 AM

I have a couple suggestions or features that I noticed in CPMA which we don't have in UrT. Since it's also a q3 mod, it seems like they should be reasonable.

I can't find the source code to challenge q3 (their ioquake3 fork) as the mirrors are all down. However, going through their changelog, I see these:

• Use screenshot filename template rather than scanning. In the code it will scan through up to 10,000 names looking for an opening. Is this really a problem in practice?
  • Don't write q3config when in GTV. Is that an issue in UrT?
  • Only play CIN logo the first time
  • Only escape demo with escape
  • Related to the above, they have a /protect mode that protects you from accidentally getting out of the demo. You have to hit escape twice.
  • Font scaling with the resolution. They say it's like quake4.

From the CPMA mod changelog:

• Allow for cg_crossHairSize '32x48'
  • log_xmlstats - directory to save endgame stats to, "" to disable
  • server stats are output in XML (same format as Q4Max stats)
  • 'players' can show packetloss
  • Increased sv_fps max to 40
  • Snaps defaults to 40
  • Disable client prediction in GTV
  • Tab complete some GTV commands
  • Dropped use of cl_timenudge in favor of cg_nudge. They said it causes problems without being able to say exactly what. Take it for what it is I guess.
  • CTF coach view. I don't know what this is but it sounds neat. It would be nice to have subs be able to see what people are doing and how much health they have rather than watching a single player.
  • log_pergame Creates a XML log file with per game stats/info.
  • Multi view demos. This sounds like a lot of work. Their changelog says that quake3 isn't made for this and based on the number of MVD entries, they put in a lot of time on it.
  • server_realping - Display your real average ping in the scoreboard rather than letting the server lie to you
  • map_cfgdir. Allow for running several servers from the same install by pointing to different config directories.
  • spec_lock. Disallow specs until they have been specinvited. May not be useful.

Suggestions for new features:

• QuakeLive style mouse acceleration. I like this from recent ioquake3
  • New GTV based on fstech1 or ioquake3
  • Reverse video style crosshair. Help out us colorblind people who lose track of the crosshair :)
  • Add Rocket Arena style game. I think this may be a fun alternative to pugs. Rather than waiting around for 10-12 people to get on for a match, add the 1v1 or 2v2 etc style arenas. The best player gets to stay and the others are cycled into a queue.
  • Something like /pickplayer. This would make it easier to pick teams in pugs when people go afk momentarily. Being able to force teams would be nice.
  • Add follow commands so it is easier to watch good players in TS/CTF. /follow_{red,blue}_top{frag,ratio} and also overall /follow_top{frag,ratio}. Maybe /follow_flag too. It would make unattended TS matches in GTV at least bearable. Also allow for following the last player alive in 2v1 or worse situations.
  • Add some features from defrag like being able to run through players and having players disappear from your screen when they get too close. Their advanced HUD is really nice too as it gives you feedback on how you are accelerating etc. I find it better than the speeds command we have now.
  • Something like a minimal B3. Everyone keeps creating these type of programs so there is pull for it. Personally, I would like to see at least an alternative to plaintext rcon passwords. It would be nice to have certificate based access with different levels.

This post has been edited by undead: 15 August 2011 - 05:18 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942