Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Remove country Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   borealis Icon

• Account: borealis

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

In some servers when you enter shows the country / city from you are connecting.

My question is, what i have to do for delete it??, I've seen people that shows nothing or unknown.

Greeetings.

#2 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

• Account: haydugjr

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:05 PM

View Postborealis, on 20 August 2011 - 03:52 PM, said:

In some servers when you enter shows the country / city from you are connecting.

My question is, what i have to do for delete it??, I've seen people that shows nothing or unknown.

Greeetings.

I believe it's just tracking your IP to an area, so I suppose either you could connect through a proxy (LAAAAG) or maybe there's a command/option ingame that you can use to hide that for privacy reasons. Ask the admins ingame on that server.
Sorry, Caps-Lock broke there for a minute.

#3 User is offline   undead Icon

• Account: undead

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

I find it annoying too but there's no way to stop it other than using a proxy. I find all that in game spamming by the server annoying. There's no option to turn it off unless the server added a cvar for it which is very unlikely.

They are (probably) using the MaxMind GeoLite database. Some people are unknown/blank because the database doesn't have an entry for them. The free GeoLite is less accurate than the paid version so you will see people with the wrong locations from time to time as well.

With the free database/API, you are supposed to advertise the fact that you are using it but people rarely do in practice.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942