• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Jump server map voting Rate Topic: -----

ya. me again :D

#1 User is offline   J.English Icon

• Account: jenglish
  • Main tag: [SnP]

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

ok I know I just finished another topic but good to have them separate if about different things.

I know it has been asked a few times (although quite difficult to find topics because not exactly sure what people are calling they're topics :D)
I am/have created a jump server where I want to be able to allow map and nextmap voting. However my dilemma is the standard maps might/will get voted in of course and ruin the jump server.
So far I have seen and tested on my server the method of removing the maps from the zpak000_assets.pk3 folder and setting the server into sv_pure "0" because on "1" you get the traditional red,white,blue flag of disappointment blocking your view of play in game. (I am meaning the missing texture type look as well as screwed up everything else if you dont get it)
I am hoping there is SOME other way to avoid removing the maps entirely and stuffing the server into un-pureness. I may/may not be installing b3 on it so if I do I can just use that voting method giving me complete access to what maps can be voted. But in the mean time is there another way to disallow voting of the standard maps?
(I would say 1up have their own thing (just a guess but it kinda seems like it))

any help appreciated :D

#2 User is offline   J.English Icon

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:50 AM

I'd also like to ask (even though completely unrelated).
With server bandwidth usage. I am now running my own dedicated server and I get 5TB of bandwidth every month. I saw nitro post that a 24/7 server with about 20 people on all the time will use up about 190GB of bandwidth meaning potentially I could have 25 of those servers right? I'm not going to, but I'm just making sure I know about how much a server uses up and knowing my limit.
Cheers

#3 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

View Postjenglish, on 28 November 2011 - 11:50 AM, said:

I'd also like to ask (even though completely unrelated).
With server bandwidth usage. I am now running my own dedicated server and I get 5TB of bandwidth every month. I saw nitro post that a 24/7 server with about 20 people on all the time will use up about 190GB of bandwidth meaning potentially I could have 25 of those servers right? I'm not going to, but I'm just making sure I know about how much a server uses up and knowing my limit.
Cheers

i think you would find you would run out of disk resources or cpu resources before reaching 25 servers off one box, thats just ridiculous i don't even think gameservers.com are that bad lol.

secondly - you can never really tell the exact ammount since it depend on how many players you get, and other factors like how many maps people need to download.

it also depends how long your server is full for i believe 200GB for 20 players is a good average to go by for a 12 hour day (unless your server is full 24/7 then you would be on average 400GB)

here is a screen shot of my 32 slot servers bandwidth usage based on an average of 10.3 players per hour per day.

Posted Image
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#4 User is offline   J.English Icon

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

thanks for the info nitro. As usual you are proving yourself useful to the urt community. :D
I did say "I'm not going to". I know that running that many servers off one dedicated server is ridiculously bad and would cause several problems along the way. However I am going to try and make about 10 servers off of that. I would think that would be a good max.
I was only suggesting the 25 as saying it COULD be done but would encounter several problems because I am as well hosting b3 off my dedicated which I finally managed to get working today (HOORAY).
Side note: do you know about how much b3 would use up. I wouldnt imagine a lot but some things can be suprising.
Also anyone know anything for the initial post? :D
Cheers guys

#5 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

here is another screenshot to give you an Idea.. btw you might still struggle to run 10 urban terror servers if they are all populated because certain maps like casa for example tend to spike the cpu upto ~ 30% of 1 core. they only way to find out would be to try. but there is no point putting up 10 servers if they are only going to be empty - you would just be adding to the server problem as it is.

Posted Image
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942