• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Legend of Zelda [WIP]/Pre-Alpha Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

Triforce and master sword room

#1 User is offline   InigoMontoya Icon

• Account: inigomontoya

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

Hi all,

This is a WIP - Pre-Alpha but may not get much done down the road since college is about to begin next week for me.

At minimum hopefully it will add inspiration to the community as it (the community) has reverberated back to me that has made me dabble into Gtkradiant doing other odds and ends as I keep learning it.

Again, this is a WIP, so the sword will be remodeled and the water converted into a fountain. There will be levels and steps, too, to be added but when I compiled this it came out better than I thought it would on a test run.

Currently dabbling into making the throne room with a secret passage door behind it. The Throne chair has been modeled fairly decently within GtkRadiant. Still learning blender atm.

First youtube vid is the Triforce with Master Sword. Second vid is the theme from Zelda that one can click on for background music for added effect.

Zelda Triforce Master Sword - Map Room

Edit:
I went ahead and embedded music from http://www.zreomusic.com/
They say it's fine to use in Youtube vids. If permissible in other works I might use snippits in the final map.

This post has been edited by InigoMontoya: 03 October 2011 - 06:55 AM

I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

#2 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:16 AM

This ones better :)

Love this game :D

#3 User is offline   mogul Icon

• Account: mogul
  • Main tag: |<3|

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:50 AM

Whoa,a LoZ map!The triforce looks like the real thing

A bit confused as to the theme of the map though,do you plan to base the map of the Temple of Time?Or is it original,just Zelda-inspired?

You've inspired me to do a LoZ map too,maybe based of one of the Temples,or maybe even a Ganon's Castle-hybird of all 6 from Ocarina.Lots of jumping and such

Not sure about the rights and permissions associated with porting one trademarked franchise to another though.Anyone know?(I'm looking at you Tizz)

#4 User is offline   theRipper Icon

• Account: theripper
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

i had this idea a few weeks ago xD just didnt know which setting to use
A.K.A. [idgaf.]Face(Clan Leader)

#5 User is offline   InigoMontoya Icon

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

Here's the Throne Room. It lacks proper lighting and what not but just gives an idea of what that room and castle could develop potentially into. FYI, that secret passageway needs some work. :P

@mogul... I'm planning on basing the map on like some kind of old forgotten castle within Hyrule. So old that in the Throne Room it gives the impression that the castle is falling apart and Link would have to turn up in time to get the Sword. Or without those large stones strewn along the ground I believe it would become a snipers map too easily.

Edit:
Added embedded music from same site as posted in my top post.

This post has been edited by InigoMontoya: 03 October 2011 - 06:53 AM

I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   frozzty Icon

• Account: frozzty

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

Very nice job man!

#7 User is offline   InigoMontoya Icon

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

This map is still pre-alpha but just wanted to display some stuff coming along. I probably won't get to tackle this thing head on until December because of college. :/

But in the mean time... this should show of what may be in store of the final version.

Since most zelda games have innovative angles I definitely like the rapid scaling wall that will most likely be incorporated in various ways in this map. As far as I know I have never seen another map use it similarly.

This post has been edited by InigoMontoya: 19 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

#8 User is offline   theRipper Icon

• Account: theripper
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

uhhhh...

k. fun?
A.K.A. [idgaf.]Face(Clan Leader)

#9 User is offline   InigoMontoya Icon

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

It's mostly just a bag of concepts for the map, while still way early in pre-alpha. Just looking for criticisms if the concepts are worthwhile. They'll be used in different ways and in different rooms shown in the vid. Just putting it out there while I continue to reflect on their functional uses towards the final map's design.

This post has been edited by InigoMontoya: 19 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

#10 User is offline   Ateamrocks Icon

• Account: ateamrocks

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:51 AM

My god good sir, you deserve an internets for this. +1
B1naryTh1ef
:3

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942