Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Min CPU needed? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   AJAI-Theboss-007 Icon

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

Guys help me

i am planing to buy a VPS for hosting a game server in singapore :)

1.what is the minimum CPU need for hosting server ?[0.80GHz will work?]

2.what is the minimum RAM need for hosting server ?[256mb ram will work]
.....We Ride Together......We Die Together.....

<<<<< BADBOYS 4 LIFE>>>>>

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:35 AM

depending on your operating system i reckon 256mb could be enough to get by, however cpu is one of the most important aspects to urban terror game servers so the more the better, there is no real way to know without testing however some very basic maths my server spikes at 30% of one core running at 2.93GHz on a full server and big map like casa. 0.3 x 2.93Ghz = 0.87Ghz now I know this is not a proper way to calculate the performance needed however i just wanted to demonstrate that even if 0.8Ghz could run the game, it would not run very well now ofcourse you'll have access to burstable CPU but so will many others. the same goes for other resources that the server depends on such as disk I/O access, and network access, also take note that you cannot priortise any of this so you will most likely from time to time get server spikes on the netgraph.

you should also take into consider which form of VM they use and if their hardware is VM compatible at the physical layer rather than the application layer as this will no doubtly determine how well the VPS performs.

I dabbled with VPS for a short while and in my conclusion i decided it wasn't good at all for game hosting, however someone else may have better experiences, if it were me though I would choose to rent a game server rather than a vps
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#3 User is offline   AJAI-Theboss-007 Icon

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

thanks nitro :)
we bought a better vps
1.3 ghz cpu
640 mb ram
40 gb hd
600 gb bandwidth
hope this works well

we ll run this for one month and find whether it have errors lags etc :)
.....We Ride Together......We Die Together.....

<<<<< BADBOYS 4 LIFE>>>>>

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942