Urban Terror Forums: No fullscreen even though it's selected - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

No fullscreen even though it's selected Rate Topic: -----

Update my Nvidia graphics card and now this..

#1 User is offline   kelt Icon

• Account: kelt

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

I have this problem with my UrT that it won't go to fullscreen even if make sure fullscreen is on. This only occurred today when i updated my Nvidia GeForce GT 320M graphics card to its latest version. I got this pc a year ago and this is the first time i updated my graphics card and this is the first time the problem occurred. Everything was fine until i updated my graphics card. Also my UrT would crash upon startup but then i deleted my q3config.cfg and now it starts, but still not fullscreen. Any ideas please?

#2 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

All i can say is that new nvidia drivers do not like UrT.
I updated my GST 250 to latest drivers today and spent next hour and a half removing them and rolling back to older drivers cause my FPS was around 15.
Just roll back the driver to an older version. That is unless someone knows of a way to fix this problem.

#3 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

This might be an OpenGL bug in the latest NVIDIA drivers. Try or this problem occurs with other OpenGL titles (e.g. Open Arena, Quake Live, World of Padman).

I don't have a NVIDIA based system here. If someone with NVIDIA GPU configuration could report more details.

#4 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

Same happens to me with open arena.
Any driver from the 280 version and newer kills FPS in openGL games.

#5 User is online   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

try press ALT+ENTER something similar happened to me before and when I hit those two keys together it restored it to full screen..
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   kelt Icon

• Account: kelt

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

I forgot to mention that it's not the basic not fullscreen window which you can move around and see the desktop behind it but it kinda like is fullscreen but from the sides there is about 1/4 of the screen that's all black on both sides. I already deleted UrT and i'll try reinstalling UrT now, btw i have no idea how to delete the newer versions of my drivers + when i played with that weird screen for a while my fps was really good on oK tdm server which had 50 people online, usually fps is 40-80 there.

#7 User is offline   catal Icon

• Account: catal

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

View Postkelt, on 07 January 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

I forgot to mention that it's not the basic not fullscreen window which you can move around and see the desktop behind it but it kinda like is fullscreen but from the sides there is about 1/4 of the screen that's all black on both sides. I already deleted UrT and i'll try reinstalling UrT now, btw i have no idea how to delete the newer versions of my drivers + when i played with that weird screen for a while my fps was really good on oK tdm server which had 50 people online, usually fps is 40-80 there.

#8 User is offline   catal Icon

• Account: catal

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

i have the same problem but i fixed i had 800x600 on screen and 0 refreshrate i put it 1280x800 60 refreshrate and it work now is 800x600 on full but something back up my pc and now is the same and dont work like i do before.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942