Urban Terror Forums: Urban Terror disconnects from my internet - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Urban Terror disconnects from my internet Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostNITRO, on 01 July 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Have you tried what I asked you to try? its a bit hard to communicate with you when you run about like a headless chicken asking for support in different threads.

I asked you to try downloading the Mitsubishi Optimised .EXE and add the line to your autoexec.cfg file:

seta net_dynamicport "1"

your school will have an active admin team no doubt which is most like dropping the connection because it is not educational.

I did had tried to seta net_dynamicport "1" but you didn't told me to use it with mitsubishi optimised .exe i'll try that now.
~ Cheers

xF.

#23 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

I'm allowed to game at school, my whole class plays the game urban terror.
~ Cheers

xF.

#24 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

• Account: pussnboots

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostRaideR, on 02 July 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Jesus, come on man ... Fleuv this is nuts. If you didn't know I work in a school. Urban Terror is not a game to be played on school premis during school time. That's just crazy, if your network admin is in any way compitent.

Almost all UDP Traffic is restricted (most stuff doesnt use it that school would want you to use) and the firewalls would be blocking this traffic at the perimeter of the school network.

I been reading this saying I would just stay out of it, but WOW. I feel like looking your IP up, getting your college / school or what ever and emailing them on exactly how best to beat you with a stick.

Do you sodding work and play UrT when you get home like "Normal People" ...

Where's the "LIKE" button?? :laugh:Posted Image

This post has been edited by Pussnboots: 03 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

#25 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

RaideR said:

View PostPussnboots, on 03 July 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

Where's the "LIKE" button?? :laugh:Posted Image

@RaideR: Is this the reason why you post such as things on this topic? I've got a serious problem here and you as an Urban Terror FS, are you just trying to bash me or something? I don't even understand why you wasted all your free-time to write that post on this topic, what I probably never will understand is why you started reading the whole/parts of posts on this topic. And uhh..., nonono!! Never try to F@€* with my personal life.

This post has been edited by Fleuv: 03 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

~ Cheers

xF.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostFleuv, on 03 July 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

@RaideR: Is this the reason why you post such as things on this topic? I've got a serious problem here and you as an Urban Terror FS, are you just trying to bash me or something? I don't even understand why you wasted all your free-time to write that post on this topic, what I probably never will understand is why you started reading the whole/parts of posts on this topic. And uhh..., nonono!! Never try to F@€* with my personal life.

Relax homebrew... I agree with Raider.

1. He did not do anything to your personal life.. So relax.
2. Games as such should not be allowed in school. There is simply NOTHING of value from said game types in a school environment.
And because he is obviously concerned for the younger generations well being, you shouldn't begin to think of it as an insult. Modern society is undoubtedly getting dumber by the day. I am not implying you have/are. I am however, supporting a learning institution as such (As a learning institution).

Here in the U.S., adults work and pay taxes. These taxes are then divided to several causes including school. We work to put our and other peoples children to school to learn the fundamental basics of knowledge. This enables our youth, as it did us, to have many less challenges to face when we went out on our own.

The primary reason I've gotten hired over others in various jobs; education. I'm not the smartest cookie in the world.. But for some reason, many of my peers did not pay attention in school. Sure, they could do the work just fine in school and even their homework.. But applying said knowledge requires understanding. One cannot understand what one does not pay attention to. Lose focus, lose attention, lose applied knowledge, lose interviews, jobs and opportunities.

I got bored to death of my seniors reminding me over and over again about "the real world", but I'm thankful now I took heed.. even if it was rather...redundant.

Again, my point is not to imply that you are any of the above. It is, however, to show our feelings in such matters is most certainly relative to the overwhelming majority.

See to life as you and your peers see fit, but I'd appreciate you thinking about what Raider said. It was nothing personal, it was more a sentiment in which I've just shared. Besides, alerting your school about such a... security risk.. is no personal threat at all. It's wise advice from an experienced professional. Take it, or leave it.

One last thing.... Do, be kind and respect your elders AND ones "that have more blisters on their hands" so to speak.. They worked hard to get where they have, they've bore the brunt of their mistakes and learned from them. This includes Mr Raider. He's earned his position in life.. and here. It's unfair for you proclaim anything different because your perspective is invalid.

This post has been edited by Pussnboots: 03 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

#27 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

View PostPussnboots, on 03 July 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

* My school is about games.
* Fortunately I'm smart and my school accepts that by giving me the opportunity to do this education (of 4 years), in a short 3 year time.
Urban Terror does affect the network, but it doesn't damage something.

With the * I mean, that it's to much information about me. I wish as "free-time" gamer, to stay anonymous

Well enough talking about other things, let's get back to the main subject.
~ Cheers

xF.

#28 User is offline   Pussnboots Icon

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

View PostFleuv, on 04 July 2012 - 01:26 AM, said:

* My school is about games.
* Fortunately I'm smart and my school accepts that by giving me the opportunity to do this education (of 4 years), in a short 3 year time.
Urban Terror does affect the network, but it doesn't damage something.

With the * I mean, that it's to much information about me. I wish as "free-time" gamer, to stay anonymous

Well enough talking about other things, let's get back to the main subject.

Most of that being granted, I will only submit one last bit of information. UrT itself can be harmful to the network give the correct exploit. Also to mention, UDP is connectionless and (mostly) unverifiable. This means there is so much one can do with an unfiltered network.. this includes even using it as a proxy to exploit other servers.. It's an Anonymous favorite ..

So, by all technical aspects.. Because this organization most likely will never have any use for UDP.. It's far safer to turn it off. Now, projecting myself as the bad guy for a sec... I would also assume that other (critical) security measures have not been put in place .. Meaning, if they haven't thought to disable UDP, it's likely they haven't thought to disable many unneeded services. Be it Windows or Linux.. If the box is just setup-&-go, it's a major security risk. This also includes Apple as well.. Of course, Apple would be far easier to exploit because the general Apple'er thinks they are bulletproof and blindly walk through the line of fire all the time...

Anywho, I just wanted to throw that out there. Not that it'll make any difference.. Just figured I would add that to your last statement as I felt that part you mentioned was a little too "over-confident".. Though not necessarily on purpose.. As a wise man once said ".. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.." In this case.. For what isn't...Is. :D

~Namaste!

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942