• This topic is locked

DRDOs Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

#21 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostPretender1988, on 03 March 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

Nitro there are no game server providers for most parts of asia.
There is just one place in singapore where hypernia is providing but is not ideal.

Vrz is a clan having most people from Hongkong and India.

Singapore is a compromise. (Also hypernia data center is not gr8) We rent our scrim server from their, specifically for matches with australian clans.
Bandwidth in asia is very expensive.
Dedicated servers also dont have unlimited bandwidth here.
A small core 2 duo will give u 1000GB in reputed datacenter/company for 150+$ a month
And for about 330$+ a Quadcore xeon with about 2000GB bw for 336 $ per month.

Also remember that dollar conversion rate means a fortune.

So to sum up Dedicated server is not an option unless on of us is very rich.
Also 95 % people are below 16 / not with job in asian Urt scene.

Why i am specifically answering is because we run in same circle and i know the situation all too well.

So having no gameserver providers and very expensive dedicated server leaves only good VPS as viable option.

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying everyone should go out and buy expensive hardware and rent Internet connections, what I am saying is there is a direct link between VPS/home servers and the amount of problems people seem to have. the DRDOS attack isn't good for anyone but it doesnt spell disaster when your using the proper method for hosting games, wether that be a game server provider or dedicated machine.

also I do not live in australia but a quick google search brought up this list of rental providers : http://whirlpool.net...erver_providers

and for asia there seems to be a few also with the main people being hypernia, gameservers and i3dnet
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#22 User is offline   Pretender1988 Icon

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

I know man you are trying to only help.( Your guides are immense help)

@ kritya i hope your problem is solved saw all three servers up.
“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
"Treat Others The Way You Want To Be Treated"
"One of the greatest victories you can gain over someone is to beat him at politeness"
[IMG]http://i1114.photobu...r1988/val-1.jpg[/IMG]
[img]http://cache.www.gam...E1B5_2E3226.png[/img]

#23 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

Pretender's pricing details are quite similar to what you would expect in Australia. You will find that many of the links on that page are broken. Hypernia, Gameservers.com, Bigpond and one other provider (forget who) have UrT virtual servers for a reasonable price and that's it. None of them offer a local dedicated server, they are all international. So to more closely align your analogy to the reality here, you buy a car to get the job done but you have to park it 50km away because there are no roads. You can get dedicated locally from other providers but terabytes and terabytes of bandwidth is just not realistic unless you have money to burn. More likely it is something under a terabyte per month and $190pm is the cheapest I have seen for this. It is much more viable to rent a 20 slot virtual server for ~$25pm and let the company handle the bandwidth issues. This is a much better option when bandwidth is so expensive here, unfortunately if the provider oversubscribes as they usually do then your performance will be affected.

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 04 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

#24 User is offline   Kritya Icon

• Account: kritya
  • Main tag: -VRz-

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

@pretender ah yea the problem is solved.

Just saying nitro , i wasnt worrying about the excess of bandwidth because of the excess on the monthly bandwidth.

I have almost 600GB bandwidth /month but i was worrying about it because the high lag it created i had 200+ ping which was always 100-110 Never went over that. and its back to it. and moreover i wasnt the alone one with that high ping there were all others who were experiencing it.

Ill rather choose to close server rather than having a very laggy server

Australia is the most expensive considering the bandwidth.

And one more thing on the thing u provided of the gameservers:

1)Gameservers.com -> have datacentre only in Japan in asia. I will rather choose germany or netherlands with the same 200 ping
2)Hypernia ->gives good but spiky.

#25 User is offline   Creation Icon

• Account: creation

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

View PostRambetter, on 02 March 2012 - 10:08 PM, said:

Yes, ioquake3 trunk is patched with a "leaky bucket algorithm", which works too. No really big difference.

But my ioquake3-UrT branch is older so it does not have the leaky bucket code.

Good morning, how long it will take for you to create a new and improved patch to handle the new ddos attacks? (if that`s the case).

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#27 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostRaideR, on 07 March 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

If Rambetter is kind enough to code his build with these features, i will get Barbie to patch the version we have with it also and we will push it out as another security release.

Many thanks to Rambetter for helping out here!

we really need to stick to the one DRDoS thread (the one that is already stickied) because rambetter is talking about updating his code to "tempban" IP addresses for 1hour if they send more than 3 requests in 2 seconds, but the client may also need updated to prevent players spamming the "Get new List" button and getting their IP tempbanned accidentally.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#28 User is offline   Migalhone Icon

• Account: migalhone

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostRaideR, on 07 March 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

If Rambetter is kind enough to code his build with these features, i will get Barbie to patch the version we have with it also and we will push it out as another security release.

Many thanks to Rambetter for helping out here!

Can we have an expect release date for that security release? I'm having the same problem here and actually many people complaining...

Thanks in advance

#29 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

View PostMigalhone, on 13 March 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

Can we have an expect release date for that security release? I'm having the same problem here and actually many people complaining...

Thanks in advance

your reading the wrong thread, rambetter has already release a few new builds and is still updating and testing.

check out the PROPER thread that is STICKIED...

#30 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Let this thread dieeee!!!! :biggrin:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942