• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Couldn't load maps/ut4_xxxx.bsp Rate Topic: -----

Error playing new maps

#1 User is offline   nicov Icon

• Account: nicov

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

Hey guise:
I've recently re-installed Urban Terror on my new computer because my old one was destroyed in a terrible accident involving a window and a 10th floor apartment.
Anyway, I've been having problems with loading maps on certain severs. I have all the standard maps like Abbey and Turnpike and all that, but say a newer map like kingdom_rc6.bsp . I tried to play on a server that was on this map because I really like it, but whenever I try it always says
"Couldn't load maps/ut4_kingdom_rc6.bsp".
I've turned autodownload on and checked the location of my maps, and nothing seems to be wrong. I have yet to download the map and put it in my q3ut4 file, but I didn't have to do this on my old computer. Can anyone help me clear this up?

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

have you tried joining another server with the same map incase its a server issue?

make sure your checking the correct q3ut4 folder and make sure no file references the kingdom map just incase you have a corrupt file with its name.

what OS?
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#3 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Were the maps auto-downloaded, or did you manually download them. The proper file extension should be .pk3. The .bsp file extension would seem to indicate that the .pk3 file (essentially a .zip file) may have been decoded. I have seen this happen on the Macintosh platform when Safari is used to download the new maps. By default, Safari will unzip archives automatically. Just a place to start.
Of course, if autodownload is not working, I suppose the error may indicate that the map is not available. There is also an issue with the curl library on some 64 bit linux distros, where the name of the curl library does not match what is called in UrT. In my case, I had to manually set in the q3config:
seta cl_cURLLib "libcurl.so.4"

This post has been edited by cyrus: 09 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

#4 User is offline   elnetotaca Icon

• Account: elnetotaca

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

View Postnicov, on 16 March 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

Hey guise:
I've recently re-installed Urban Terror on my new computer because my old one was destroyed in a terrible accident involving a window and a 10th floor apartment.
Anyway, I've been having problems with loading maps on certain severs. I have all the standard maps like Abbey and Turnpike and all that, but say a newer map like kingdom_rc6.bsp . I tried to play on a server that was on this map because I really like it, but whenever I try it always says
"Couldn't load maps/ut4_kingdom_rc6.bsp".
I've turned autodownload on and checked the location of my maps, and nothing seems to be wrong. I have yet to download the map and put it in my q3ut4 file, but I didn't have to do this on my old computer. Can anyone help me clear this up?

Solution:

Very easy to fix this problem, open your q3ut4 folder and double click on your .pk3 files(all of them)

the ones that give you error, erase them, then run your UrUpdater, once the update is done, check your .pk3 files one more time, if no errors, you are good to go!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942