Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Server with dynamic IP Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   balizeiro Icon

• Account: balizeiro

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

I'm trying to configure a server so that me and my friends can play a little bit :)
The PC where the server will be installed is turned on 24/7, but what happens is that it has a public dynamic IP address. We already installed B3 but what happens is that when the server IP changes, when all the players connect they're considered as new players because of the new GUID. Is it possible to resolve this issue using a dynamic DNS provider like No-IP, or any other solution? And without forcing all the players to have cl_guidServerUniq=0 ?

Thanks in advance

#2 User is offline   ipwnn00bs Icon

• Account: ipwnn00bs

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

I think you answered already.

In that situation, b3 becomes useless. The GUID is generated via the IP, so DNS stuff doesn't work here.
The only idea is what you comment cl_guidServerUniq which apparently is a security compromise I read somewhere.

Solution... don't use b3 and put a DNS record, so people can do a /connect myserver.no-ip.org or sth like that

This post has been edited by ipwnn00bs: 29 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

#3 User is offline   balizeiro Icon

• Account: balizeiro

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

We really wanted b3 because we wanted to add xlrstats :)
So I'm seeing that there is no solution :(
Thanks anyway ;)

#4 User is offline   RYRY46d9 Icon

• Account: ryry46d9
  • Main tag: Pb|

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

like what ipwnn00bs said http://dyn.com/dns/ sign up for a free host name and hand that out

as for B3:
A tool like phpmyadmin would help you out here but is a pain when you have lots of members to swap out.
you can set up a section on your forums for a request to merge thier old @# with the new one.

What I did for |WC| was to find the new and old tally up the info merg it to the first account swap over the GUID , remove a few letters out of the old GUID and change the name to "deadaccount"

If you delete that account then it messes up the caculation for the people that got points from that player (acording to xlr8or)

good luck and remember keep a backup of your .sql file
drinking too much and playing with tables doesn't always work out ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942