Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Your mouse preference/opinion Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Harou Icon

• Account: harou

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

I've had bad experiences with Razer mice, they always seem to break after hardly even using them. Applying the same usage to my mx518 over 2-3 years has shown the Logitech mouse seems to hold up better. The mouse performs great but I use it alot more than most PC users.. Spending about 12 hours+ a day on PC and/or gaming. I've never owned a mouse with weights like the G5/G500.. I once tried that new ambidextrous g300 from Logitech but didn't like the small size and the two buttons on the left click hindering the usage of the LMB.

G300: http://www.amazon.co...37084594&sr=1-1

G500 (updated version of G5): http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B002J9GDXI

So finally my mx518 is starting to become unusable. I've made the mistake of using it on desk surfaces (mostly to not having money to purchase a mouse pad in the beginning.. then not playing shooters during times I had money). The pads on the bottom are wearing off, the largest one is peeling off constantly and has dirt under it. In addition to this and some visual imperfections on it which I don't really care about, it has problems while gaming where it will randomly disconnect from Windows and connect again. Apparently this is a popular bug on the mx518. Btw, I have the second gen mx518, with the 3 pads.

So now I'm not really sure which mouse to purchase, and I'd appreciate some input from the UrT players.. most people playing q3 games are more intelligent I've noticed and not just purchasing and using mice based on marketing hype. There's only one catch, while I do use the right-handed mx518 to game.. and I am right-handed.. I use the mouse in the left hand and move with arrow keys. I began using the mouse in my left hand since I was on computers at 4 years old. I'm now 22 and still doing the same thing.. So I'm not even sure an ambidextrous style mouse would be comfortable for me after adjusting to the mx518. I also was thinking a G400 would be the best choice since I'm used to the body on the mx518, which is the same exact body the G400 uses. And yes, I do press the side buttons on the mx518 with my middle and ring finger.

mx518: http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B0007Z1M50
G400: http://www.amazon.co...37084570&sr=1-1

Someone recommended the Zowie AM: http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B0073SX2S4
I like that it has 2 buttons on each side of the mouse and is ambidextrous..

However I'm not so willing to try a new company out and have to go through the process of returning the product. I trust logitech's performance and quality. The only mice I will not buy are by Razer and Microsoft, or a mouse with no wheel, or just 3 buttons.. I need the extra keys, especially since I play with arrows and don't have access to most keys that other players do for miscellaneous binds. I also don't care about any acceleration on the mice, as I won't be using that.

So what do you think / prefer? Laser or Optical? I'm told by various people optical is better, but I see that Steelseries advertises several gaming mice with lasers. The G5/G500 also use laser.. Which mouse do you use and why? Which do you suggest and why?

I have somewhat small desk space, smaller than I'd prefer. I would want to buy one of these to accompany my new mouse: http://www.amazon.co...C/dp/B000UEZ37G

#2 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Sorry to read that you have issues with Razer. Personally... I love the deathadder and upgraded to the 3.5g after the first one (couple of years gaiming in it) was dying. I think what you're going to need is some info from logitech users. You say you have limited desk space - so maybe a laser would be better, I dunno because I have plenty of room for a large mat and I prefer low sensitivity - but the DA will still move 'on a dime' should I move it fast enough i.e. reflex turns.

fyi - I use the Razer Deathadder 3,5G - Mat is Razer Goliathus (Control I think) 43x35cm

I'm sure the others will help you better with limited space issue and help you pick a Logitech and mat for the job.

BorderFox

#3 User is offline   Harou Icon

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostBorderFox, on 15 May 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

Sorry to read that you have issues with Razer. Personally... I love the deathadder and upgraded to the 3.5g after the first one (couple of years gaiming in it) was dying. I think what you're going to need is some info from logitech users. You say you have limited desk space - so maybe a laser would be better, I dunno because I have plenty of room for a large mat and I prefer low sensitivity - but the DA will still move 'on a dime' should I move it fast enough i.e. reflex turns.

fyi - I use the Razer Deathadder 3,5G - Mat is Razer Goliathus (Control I think) 43x35cm

I'm sure the others will help you better with limited space issue and help you pick a Logitech and mat for the job.

Well I've owned the deathadder as one of the mice from Razer. It performed great but broke just like the others, it had random disconnections after only a couple months. The wire shorted out inside. The other razer mice had things like unresponsive buttons and automatically clicking buttons with alternating on / off lights inside mouse.

I also prefer low sens and wish my desk was larger, maybe if I can afford it I will get a new desk too.. but I need a new headset as it's finally breaking after a few years too.. I sometimes (but rarely) get sound knocked out in left ear, and my mic boom has a hole. It's just a $40 creative headset so I think that it had decent lifespan. I'd like to buy the upgraded model of the same headset for $68. I'll have about total $180 to spend. Getting the desk to probably won't happen but yea :D I think I do okay with the small desk I have, I would just PREFER a larger one. I like to have more space and use a lower sens.

This post has been edited by Harou: 16 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

#4 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

if the only thing that is wrong with your mx518 is the pads, then why not just buy new pads for it and save the money or use it towards a bigger desk or whatever..
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#5 User is offline   Harou Icon

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostNITRO, on 16 May 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

if the only thing that is wrong with your mx518 is the pads, then why not just buy new pads for it and save the money or use it towards a bigger desk or whatever..

can't find any. Found some on one site but they fit the other model of the mx518 which I don't have :P Plus that isn't the only problem, it has that disconnection problem randomly while gaming.. Real annoying when shooting people and mouse completely stops being responsive for a second or two.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   2.f4 Icon

• Account: 2f4

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

my mouses since 2007 as comment:

ATech750 - MX518 - RAzer DeathAdder - Razer Abyssus - MX518(now)

This post has been edited by 2.f4: 16 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

made by: google translator and common sense

#7 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

Replacing the cable on my copperhead solved the random disconnections, so check if your mouse wire is broken.

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942