• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror on iPhone Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   stevejobs (old) Icon

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:43 PM

http://www.mediafire...nz2n/Quake3.zip

Thats the link for Quake3 client on iPhone, add the Urban Terror folder into the app, then select UrbanTerror in the Quake3 mod section, and you should be playing UrbanTerror on an iPhone!

#2 User is offline   Hayame Icon

• Account: hayame

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:37 AM

and... why?

#3 User is offline   |ALPHA|Pancakes (old) Icon

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:55 AM

How the hell could you even play an FPS with a touchscreen.  I guess you could, but you would have to use a button to shoot, otherwise it would fire every time you touched the screen to turn.  Actually, now that I think about it, I really want a touchscreen for UrT  :-P.  Who cares if you have to press a button to shoot when you have aimbot-like accuracy with the touchscreen.  Meh, if they start making a lot of desktops with touchscreen monitors, that could seriously screw up FPS gaming...  Everyone would have godly accuracy.  That sorta depresses me.  Hopefully I'm missing some major problem with using touchscreens that would make it impossible.

#4 User is offline   blanchg (old) Icon

• LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:01 AM

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are supported with the game.  Then you still have issues actually seeing anything lol.

#5 User is offline   Dragonne Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: dragonne

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:11 AM

SR8 at full zoom required to hit anyone beyond 5 feet.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   fert81 (old) Icon

• LocationUS

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:12 AM

SR8 at full zoom required to hit anyone beyond 5 feet.

lol :lol:

#7 User is offline   Bodhisattva Icon

• Account: bodhisattva

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:32 AM

How the hell could you even play an FPS with a touchscreen.  I guess you could, but you would have to use a button to shoot, otherwise it would fire every time you touched the screen to turn.  Actually, now that I think about it, I really want a touchscreen for UrT  :-P.  Who cares if you have to press a button to shoot when you have aimbot-like accuracy with the touchscreen.  Meh, if they start making a lot of desktops with touchscreen monitors, that could seriously screw up FPS gaming...  Everyone would have godly accuracy.  That sorta depresses me.  Hopefully I'm missing some major problem with using touchscreens that would make it impossible.

I really doubt a touch screen is much of an advantage.

Your brain has already become quite specialized in using the mouse to aim.

Anyway, just in case you ever get a touchscreen working, its already illegal in most leagues.

#8 User is offline   A0Xr (old) Icon

• LocationUK

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:42 PM

Anyway, just in case you ever get a touchscreen working, its already illegal in most leagues.

Other than players being honest, how would the organizers know?

#9 User is offline   Carter Icon

• Account: carter
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:06 PM

In most leagues, they require you to have a demo running as you play. This is used in case your hacking and such things...>_> basically... demo... bye bye.

#10 User is offline   trip Icon

• Account: trip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

Wasn't there a port of Q3 for the iphone where you tilted the phone to move the view around? Looked cool but pretty impractical.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942