• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Fading screen Rate Topic: -----

When moving mouse everything becomes slighty unsharp xD

#1 User is offline   Xtazion Icon

• Account: xtazion

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hey all,

A few years ago i quited this game for several reasons. I´m planning to come back but one of the reason i quited is still not solved.

I switched back then from a CRT to LCD screen knowning my FPS would drop if i would use the native resolution. I looked up all specifications. My lcd is the iiyama prolite e2607wsd. There are 2 screenresolution that both got an 75HZ output. 1280 x 1024 and 1440 x 900. The screen is 2ms if you wonder. I got an 8800 GT with E8400 3.5 GHz processor. For these resolutions i never had problems on my CRT but my FPS was locked at 85 since my refreshrate was also 85. I also tried several different drivers what had no effect.

My problem is when im moving my mouse there is a sort of fading / things become unsharp. Its really annoying. I tried all different resolutions even the native one. Problem seems to me the lock of 75HZ / 75 FPS is the problem. I got the feeling at 60HZ and 60 FPS the problem is a little bit bigger. Its not ghosting if people think that.

Do more people have this problem or know a solution? I can´t imagen 10HZ and 10FPS lower make this problem?

Sorry for the confusing FPS / HZ part. Im using v-sync so it depends on eachother.

Thank you in advance for the help!

#2 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

Do not use v-sync,period. Not with UrT, v-sync and UrT don't go well together. never have and probably never will.

#3 User is offline   Xtazion Icon

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

Without v-sync i get weird flash things that even are worse? One of the reason i started using v-sync.

#4 User is offline   Rayne Icon

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

Weird flash thing is tearing of the screen, It happens when too much frames are being sent to the display and then multiple frames are rendered at the same time. V-sync corrects this by matching the frame rate to the refresh rate.
So the ratio is always 1:1, however either the old idtech3 engine or openGl in general (can't remember anymore) have problems with it.
So instead of delivering smoother results you end up with a game that feels like you're moving under water.

Also with your processor (you overclocked it? it's supposed to run at 3.0?) i don't see why should you limit the framerate to match the refresh rate, you wont gain anything with it.
I got loads of tearing and it annoys the hell out of me too but v-sync is just utterly useless and there's nothing that i know of that can fix your problem.
If i were you I'd turn it off, set max FPS to 125, set affinity to one core and run the game at max resolution.

#5 User is offline   Xtazion Icon

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

First of all the comparison with under water is true!
The processor has a lil overclock to match my memory on a good FSB. I believe you with everything but i still don´t get it why my old CRT at 85 FPS/HZ runs smooth as hell with v-sync. Shouldn´t be possible i think?

Seems i got to choose for a good FPS with flashing screen or A low FPS with underwater effect! God i miss my old CRT R.I.P xD

I still hope to get more info on the part my CRT worked great and LCD not.

Ty rayne and max resolution 1920 x 1280? No idea if thats a good option for me xD max fov and that resolution is insane overview with little people not to mention how to aim xD Also i played about 4 years on 1280 x 1024 so i might choose the lower one even it isnt the native resolution.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Rayne Icon

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

AFAIK refresh rate on LCD monitors does more or less nothing, CRT monitors are the ones that actually had use from the increase.
LCD is 2 pieces of glass with liquid crystals in between, crystals react to an electric signal and open/close accordingly.
CRT (cathode ray tube) moves and electron beam on the inside of the screen and as it hits it, the dots basically light up and display an image.

LCD monitors are actually supposed to be set to their native resolution at all times.
On CRT monitors we'd set the refresh rate as high as possible to reduce flickering. This flickering doesn't exists on LCD monitors, so there's no real difference between 60 or 72 Hz.
And because of a completely different way of displaying an image you don't see any benefits when you match your FPS and your refresh rate.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942