Urban Terror Forums: Urban Terror 4.2 RC on LAN 2k12 in Paris - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (22 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror 4.2 RC on LAN 2k12 in Paris Rate Topic: ***** 3 Votes

#31 User is offline   Divinity Icon

• Account: divinity
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

As a server admin, I'd like the option to turn on demos for all users regardless of matchmode as per mission's implementation. Please check that for reference.

#32 User is offline   s.e.t.i. Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: seti

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

While the FrozenSand Art Division and the rest continue to work and crank out assets all over UrbanTerror, I think a special note should be made for Barbatos who just wouldn't stop editing the damn gamecode because he loves this game and the gamers so much. We would not be looking at a summer release of 4.2 without Barbatos, so a kickass job well done to this young man.
Cheers... s.e.t.i.
[img]http://www.urbanterr...ers/13.0.80.png[/img]

#33 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#34 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

when you say new hit detection, are you able to explain what the difference will be? it sounds very intriguing but it would be nice to know what to expect so that we dont build up our hopes and expect miracles :P
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#35 User is offline   Pilou42 Icon

• Account: pilou42

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

This is frackin' awesome ! Especially this: "weapon reloading/switching bug fixed"
But all other little things fixed is nice to.

I guess "new character animations" can't look like actual HD alpha (no MD5 in 4.2 I guess). I just hope it will not be less good than right now (which I found to be quite perfect).

Too bad the Lan is in Paris, but I'll wait eagerly for this update !

A really good news ! :cool:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Nounou Icon

•   former FS member   
    Concept Artist
  • Account: nounou

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:49 AM

Barbiboss strikes again. Thks mister

#38 User is offline   LtStriker Icon

• Account: ltstriker

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 30 May 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

Well improvements to hit detection is an understatement as the current system used in 4.1 has been totally rewritten and tested over and over again since 2010 when we first decided it needed a serious update.

The first major issue was the hit mesh in 4.1 is using a totally different animation system that was more MD5 in nature and used, shale we say, a separate channel that made it almost imposable to tell what was happening during no-hit type events.

Second due to the random nature as well as questions to the 100% first shot rule a few of the problems that was pointed out as being inaccurate were masked by the fact that a no-hit event had occurred that was not the fault of a given weapon.

There were a few other factors taken into consideration but after a few months it was decided to redo the system from scratch and put the hit detection on the same animation track (channel) as the current md3 player models. Basically this glues the hit mesh to the player model and cannot wander off no more than one of the two lod’s would.

What does make a big difference is it’s now comparatively easy to adjust the hit mesh to make them either easier to hit or tighten them up to make them less so and with the auto update in place we can update as needed based on real time play test.

Miracles?

Maybe not but with 4.2 we are going to aggressively deal with any hit detection problems as they come up and as per HD if any issues relating to hit detection can be proven by demo and can be repeated we will fix it and push an update.

What do we expect?

We expect a lot of players at first will claim no-hit but the demos we have seen to date indicate that they missed as they had yet to adjust to the “improvements”. ;)

Thanks for all your work Barbiboss,. Everybody. URT Rocks!

I would also like to ask that we see server side demos. This is something we had for some time, but it got wiped out with the last URT update. It would be a great deterrent if it became a known facet of the game.

|30+|LtStriker

#39 User is offline   baex Icon

• Account: baex

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

I would like to change my gunposition, will that be possible in 4.2? (I really like centered guns <3)

View PostNounou, on 01 December 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hey I love you baex, but also, consider that i'm drunk

#40 User is offline   Pilou42 Icon

• Account: pilou42

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

After some considerations, what about mouse4 and mouse5 support ? and iKalizer ?
Now mitsubishi gone, I don't know who can update the project. And I can't play without iKalizer. And mouse4 and mouse5 support was a nice simple feature which should be on official release. It avoids mouse drivers collisions...

• (22 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942