Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Get Server List Issue - Please Help Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   craigsteve Icon

Post icon  Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Everytime I click on "Get Server List" my internet shuts off and doesn't start back up until I close Urban Terror. I've tried server commands and it still doesn't work. I've played Urban Terror before and this has never happened.

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

try increasing your filters (e.g. Show Empty Servers: NO) your receiving replies from 1000+ servers which seems to be enough to cause your router reach its limits (typical of cheap free routers given away by ISP's)

you can also set cl_maxping to limit the response to server with a ping lower than the set value.

personally I never want to play on a server with a ping higher than 200ms so i set my cl_maxping to 250ms.

in your autoexec.cfg add the line:

seta cl_maxping "250"

P.S. what Make/Model is your router?

This post has been edited by NITRO: 28 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#3 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

That wont touch the problem, since urt will ping the servers anyway and just exclude them from the list.

#4 User is offline   craigsteve Icon

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

View PostNITRO, on 28 June 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

try increasing your filters (e.g. Show Empty Servers: NO) your receiving replies from 1000+ servers which seems to be enough to cause your router reach its limits (typical of cheap free routers given away by ISP's)

you can also set cl_maxping to limit the response to server with a ping lower than the set value.

personally I never want to play on a server with a ping higher than 200ms so i set my cl_maxping to 250ms.

in your autoexec.cfg add the line:

seta cl_maxping "250"

P.S. what Make/Model is your router?

It's a D-Link router. I've actually tried the command you suggested and I guess it still overloads my router or internet or whatever is crashing it.
Thanks man.

#5 User is offline   t3x Icon

• Account: t3x

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

first of all LEARN TO USE THE SEARCH!!

/RANT

ok, now, open your game or your autoexec.cfg and input this line:
in game -
/cl_master "urbanterror.info"

in autoexec.cfg -
set cl_master "urbanterror.info"

the max ping thing has nothing to do with your game crashing for trying to get a list. It means your master server settings are out of date. There have been multiple people with this issue and that have posted it on the forums. One example - http://www.urbanterr...57-urt-crashes/ - come on people, its not that difficult to search for a keyword or phrase on this form.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

View Postt3x, on 29 June 2012 - 06:03 AM, said:

first of all LEARN TO USE THE SEARCH!!

/RANT

ok, now, open your game or your autoexec.cfg and input this line:
in game -
/cl_master "urbanterror.info"

in autoexec.cfg -
set cl_master "urbanterror.info"

the max ping thing has nothing to do with your game crashing for trying to get a list. It means your master server settings are out of date. There have been multiple people with this issue and that have posted it on the forums. One example - http://www.urbanterr...57-urt-crashes/ - come on people, its not that difficult to search for a keyword or phrase on this form.

the master server is not the issue here, master.urbanterror.net and master.urbanterror.info both now point to the same IP so changing that will not do anything, they dont have a problem getting the server list, the problem is they are getting too many server responses too fast for their router to handle. please note they also never mentioned that their game crashes also.

the cl_maxping command was a friendly tip not a solution to the problem.

@craigsteve: did you try my suggestion to change your filters to "Show Empty Servers: NO" before hitting get new list.

This post has been edited by NITRO: 29 June 2012 - 11:46 AM

Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942